Author Topic: Lix Community Level Set  (Read 169593 times)

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
Re: Lix Community Level Set
« Reply #495 on: April 09, 2012, 10:59:19 PM »
That replay fails to solve the level when I view it -- I assume it's because you still have the older version of Lix and so some of the skills are getting assigned in slightly the wrong place, and these errors add up. I've attached my solution, though you may have equal difficulty viewing it  8)

It worked ok on my computer, but not anymore since I updated. My solution is completely different than the one you uploaded, but it also uses more diggers, so if you want to backroute remove you can just take out the 2 diggers (though that'd remove the 232323 thing you have going).
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 09, 2012, 11:26:08 PM »
It's okay -- geoo found yet another completely different solution, so it looks like this one's just going to remain with multiple solutions possible -- which to be honest I like as a feature, though it does make it easier than I originally expected to find at least one (but that's okay; none of them are trivial). Geoo's replay uses two diggers, but by switching some skills around I can get his solution to work using only one (and 17 skills total).

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 10, 2012, 12:20:02 AM »
I also put gr8 escape in the wrong folder (somehow it got into Clamspack) If fixed that and the other issue. Once when I was moving files around that happened somehow. Glad you were able to fix it yourself :thumbsup:. I also rearranged Jacob's ladder to your specifications. If this yields more red-herrings the better :evil:
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline GuyPerfect

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 10, 2012, 12:22:35 AM »
Nobody posts any pictures. )-:

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 10, 2012, 12:39:44 AM »
(Somewhere along the line, Jacob's Ladder seems to have become Jacbo's....)

Thanks for the reminder! Lix actually has this awesome feature that lets you easily export an image of a level in one step, without having to cut and paste each screen area, but I hadn't gotten round to trying it out yet. So, here's an example of a Lix level image  8)

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 11, 2012, 06:56:57 PM »
For image exporting, .png will look a lot nicer, and it takes very little time to convert the bmp Lix produces to .png: Get optipng (http://optipng.sourceforge.net/), and then in the folder with the .bmp files run "optipng *.bmp". For all bitmaps in the folder it will produce a .png image.

Steve: I saw your replays to my levels. They failed due to version differences, but I think I saw what you did.
"Don't catch me if you can" is intended, while "Have if off" is not ("Have if off" is a name of a barbershop btw). I updated "Have it off".

Solutions to Leap of Faith (looks lovely), Cry for me 3 (still backroute) and Lixter Quadrille attached.

Also finally solved Tinker a while ago. I had actually tried this solution previously, but I ruled it out as impossible, while it actually works. Solution to the new version of Division of Labor attached as well. And Plan B, it's harder than it looks.

Yes, we're definitely still in need of easier levels. I think especially for the very first few levels, some nice designs with eye-candy would be nice, as this kind of levels also allows for it, they don't really have to be functional. Perhaps a few starter levels that are not X of everything would be nice as well, like X of a restricted skillset, or some very easy puzzles.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 11, 2012, 07:52:11 PM »
Cry for me -- your second solution is close enough to the way I solved the Cheapo original. So, just take one more climber off and you can add it to the list. At some point I'll have another look to see whether I'd prefer to fix it some other way, but since that seems to be good enough, I have to prioritise building new levels (and fixing All about survival) over fixing this further.

Your solution to Leap of Faith matches the way I solved the Cheapo version. I can't promise it's intended, but it seems almost certain.

Beautiful solution to Lixster Quadrille; I particularly liked what you did in the top-left. I've attached mine. (Notice, in my solution, the careful selection of the correct lix for the last basher, so that the climber turns round in his tunnel.)

I'll be contributing some more easy levels as well -- mostly easier versions of my hard levels, so they'll have to wait until I've had time to build more of those. As for eye candy... okay, I'll have a go at remaking Goblin City for you :D

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 13, 2012, 06:42:52 PM »
here is a folder of 4 levels (these aren't the ones I mentioned I was working on in IRC but anyway..) When you unzip the folder take the levels out into your wip folder.

you asked for it so, I made three easy levels that are good beginner puzzles. the first is an easy version of division of labor, since I thought we could use an easy level with only a few lemmings.
After debating whether to leave Division of Labor alone I decided to try and force my original solution. It just looks cooler imo.

I also updated Bippidi Boppidi boo for the basher update

-fixed the typo in Jacbo's Ladder  :XD:
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline chaos_defrost

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 14, 2012, 09:02:59 PM »
Here's one map with two levels. One easy, one... well, yea.

A bit afraid of possible backroutes in the hard version, though.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 15, 2012, 05:10:29 PM »
^ I solved the easy version but not the hard version yet. It does look like a good candidate for backroutes.

here is another whopping folder of levels (only two are new though) Idk how easy they are. Probably easy enough. The other three are updates for Jacob's Ladder to remove backroutes, Tinker Tailor soldier lix, to make Proxima's solution the correct one, five for fighting just to add the decorative TNT to the exit.
(again, put the levels directly into your wip folder or whatever)

Also at some point in time I'd like to upload a folder of all my reject levels, maybe Proxima or someone can use them and make something out of them. :-\

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 15, 2012, 05:53:30 PM »
Giant Leap was very easy  8) Play Ball was a little harder, but I had the feeling this idea would work....

EDIT: Updated with save-19 solution

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 15, 2012, 07:31:00 PM »
Solved Play Ball saving 100% (I recorded this solution with a new version of lix, EDIT: which is available now), and the other new level using basically the same as Proxima's solution.
I love the new design of Jacob's ladder, nice use of the wraparound there.

Insane Steve's Love is Over really looked impossible at first, I didn't even see a general route. Having another look at it later made me realize some path I had missed (for both entrances), and I finally got a solution working, saving two more than required.

Offline chaos_defrost

• View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 15, 2012, 08:58:22 PM »
Yea, that's a backroute (you aren't supposed to be able to save 78), but there's a lot of possible ways to fix it without changing a lot about the level. I'll post a v2 once I get back home later today.

There's probably a way to nuke all backroutes from orbit with only a minimal change to the level but I'd rather avoid that if at all possible. I'll consider it.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline chaos_defrost

• View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 16, 2012, 01:47:59 AM »
Ok, revision to Love is Over. For what it's worth, I consider the intended route to be a 4.x level, so this is about as hard as things from me are likely to get. Going to hold off on uploading the easier version until the hard version's design is final.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 16, 2012, 02:26:48 AM »
Stil works -- barely.

(You'll need the new version for this replay. Some dlls are currently missing -- get them here and extract them into the bin/ folder.)