Author Topic: Lix Community Level Set  (Read 169594 times)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: Lix Community Level Set
« Reply #480 on: April 04, 2012, 10:26:40 PM »
Now, as I promised, I've gone back to building levels  8)

Cry for me: reducing the climbers to 40 should be enough to remove the backroute.
Circular Ruins: removed a backroute. Clam's solution still works, but the steel will no longer stop the last digger in the right place, so the batter must be used. This means both solutions use the same skills (everything but the runner).
You have to build: modified terrain to match Circular Ruins.
Leap of Faith: This is Level 9 of Ben Bryant's Cheapo set "sg1". The whole set is excellent and I could happily remake them all, but there are still too many of my own levels I want to do :P So, I may occasionally take a break from my levels and do another from this set.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 05, 2012, 01:07:59 AM »
Harder versions of Insane Steve's Fun levels.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 06, 2012, 12:11:25 AM »
Right now I'm working on improving my earlier levels (graphic and neatness wise) Before I understood the program as well. They could use some finishing touches. (only two levels so far idk If I'll revise any others. I'm notorious for making something worse if I fiddle with it too much)

Also division of labor fixed so yet another backroute by geoo is gotten rid of (however they are steadily getting closer to the intended solution)

I appreciate the help for Four Lixes and a Funeral, your doing a better job of getting rid of the backroutes than I did. :P

I solved Impossible dream. I'm gonna guess it's a backroute unfortunately (mostly because of the way I used the miner). I like this level even so. I didn't get a chance to play any other new levels yet.

oh something geoo told me; from now on if I upload some levels into a folder like this it's just to make it easier to move them around. When you put them into your folder put them into where ever you normally do (u don't have to keep them in the folder I did) In this case, the revised levels should just replace the old ones (individually)
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 06, 2012, 12:30:55 AM »
No, it's not a backroute. Actually, I really like your solution!  :thumbsup: Here's mine.

And here's a revised version of the level -- I had to seal off the exit just below the entrance a bit more thoroughly, because it is possible to get into!!!

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 06, 2012, 12:43:54 AM »
So I realised that I really wasn't that far off on Have it Off at all, and just had to add something to the end of my replay to make it work. Here's a successful clear. No climbers used -- this intentional?

Also had no idea the close exit was reachable for the Impossible Dream, hahaha. That should probably be changed in the Fun (well, that one is probably more early Tricky) level, too.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 06, 2012, 12:55:17 AM »
Here's a replay for the easier version, The Road Not Taken, showing how to access the nearer exit (with only the skills available on the harder version). It can also be done from the bottom-left.

Yes, if you want to close these routes off on the easier version, you can just add steel in the same places I did on the harder version, which has the advantage that both versions will have exactly matching terrain again. As far as I can see, there's no gameplay-related need to add matching steel to the upper corners of the box, but you might prefer that aesthetically.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 06, 2012, 06:06:08 PM »
whoops I made a mistake on Division of Labor (which I fixed here) the one I posted yesterday may be impossible. If this one still yields back routes I'll just go with it or the older version I said was final.

the only one left of mine is soulful bounding leap. If you like one of the version I posted a while back, you can use that one for now. If I improve it I'll just post about it later. For now I can't improve on it.

Then, I have another Tseug adaptation.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 08, 2012, 05:32:00 PM »
I know I said I wasn't going to make more levels to distract you with for a while but these 2 I started working on a while ago, (a month or two ago actually, hopefully that means something (doubtful)).
I used the circus set for some variety.

EDIT: I beat Leap of faith, I like it a lot :) good level. I still haven't beat Path of Wickedness

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 08, 2012, 05:54:32 PM »
I know I said I wasn't going to make more levels to distract you with for a while but these 2 I started working on a while ago, (a month or two ago actually, hopefully that means something (doubtful)).

Don't worry about it -- I really don't want you to stop building levels just because of me, yours are really good. Here are my replays (I know, I said I wouldn't solve any this week, but these didn't take long  8) )

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 08, 2012, 10:47:46 PM »
Plan B is the intended route exactly

I fixed Jacob's ladder so hopefully that route is gone. Not Quite, I'm not sure on. I'll probably end up scrapping this level, it just isn't very good for this set in the first place. There is one more Tseug level that could be remade with no glitches however that one utilizes a piece of terrain unique to the crystal set... If I remake it I'll have to search for a good replacement.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 09, 2012, 03:41:28 PM »
New solution to Jacob's Ladder.

You mentioned in IRC that tseug's original version of Not Quite requires a glitch, but I'm still curious as to the intended solution to your Lix version....

EDIT: New solution to Just Stop the Bleeding.

EDIT: Update to "Path of Wickedness", tightened by removing some skills. This now requires a couple of neat tricks on top of what you had to do in the previous solution -- indeed, unless there are backroutes, I think this may well be my hardest level so far.

EDIT: I've finished looking through Insane Steve's levels -- "Lixster Quadrille" will be the last of my hard versions.

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 09, 2012, 09:18:12 PM »
That replay for Just Stop the Bleeding is one of the two basic solutions I found.

I had a replay for Path of Wickedness but the new version make it not work. I'll see what I can do with it. I'm actually probably going to throw out a few more Fun/Tricky levels in a few days, just because the pack does need some more of them I think.

EDIT: Revised replay. Required a bit more fiddling to get it to work.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 09, 2012, 09:35:29 PM »
That replay fails to solve the level when I view it -- I assume it's because you still have the older version of Lix and so some of the skills are getting assigned in slightly the wrong place, and these errors add up. I've attached my solution, though you may have equal difficulty viewing it  8)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 09, 2012, 10:32:23 PM »
Jacob's Ladder replay was great. there's a little leeway with the execution. You don't need all the climbers or floaters. (as you demonstrated). this level was inspired by AAAARRRG (obviously). It's one of my favorite levels of ONML.

just stop the bleeding is a tough one. Now I regret changing the left side and giving you that idea. :P

Here is the last Tseug remake (I planned on a doing a special bahser level but I'll probably make it more decorative than his). This is (imo) the easiest level in that pack but it could still elude a good player. Idk if the circus set was a good replacement but it was difficult to find good terrain to use and I wanted some variety.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 09, 2012, 10:43:15 PM »
Gr8 Escape is giving me a missing terrain error. EDIT: I tracked this down. You used a piece filenamed "05 - Copy" from the Carnival set, which I don't have. I would guess that at some point, in downloading a new version of Lix, you have installed a new copy of the bitmap folder and accidentally told your computer to keep both copies of the graphic "05". I've replaced "05 - Copy" with "05" on my copy of the level file, and it works fine now.

Jacob's Ladder was great fun and pretty tough to solve -- though I wish you could have kept those columns descending from the ceiling a little closer, and kept it possible to close the top-right gap with one builder, as there were some red herring ideas there I spent quite a bit of time on.

EDIT: Solution to Gr8 Escape.