Author Topic: Lemmings/Pingus mod in Minecraft  (Read 3986 times)

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
Lemmings/Pingus mod in Minecraft
« on: December 31, 2013, 06:17:25 PM »
There you go. Someone actually managed to make a Lemmings mod in Minecraft finally! However, it's based upon the Linux/Windows Lemmings clone Pingus. So far, it works pretty well, though it misses some skills and needs some extra work, but the concept is there and I'm sure pretty soon, we could have a fully nice functional Lemmings mod for Minecraft. :thumbsup:

Mod page: http://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/pingus-mod-forge162ssp/
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings/Pingus mod in Minecraft
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 11:12:10 PM »
Nobody cares? :(

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 12:49:34 AM »
I don't play Minecraft at all so I don't have much interest, but I watched the video; it looks pretty nice. It seems the creator did a good job of making a 3D version of Lemmings work well. [I didn't play Lemmings 3D so I can't judge there either.]
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 08:11:34 AM »
Silly digger pingu, never dig straight down! (The golden rule of Minecraft)

I gotta try building a level with this :)

I don't play Minecraft at all so I don't have much interest, but I watched the video; it looks pretty nice. It seems the creator did a good job of making a 3D version of Lemmings work well. [I didn't play Lemmings 3D so I can't judge there either.]
It needs turners (and blockers and floaters for that matter) to make 3D Lemmings. It's a good start though :)

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 01:06:17 AM »
Just tried the mod. It certainly has a Lemmings-y feel about it. :) Minecraft and 3D Lemmings seem closer together than ever!

The implementation is strange. You can assign some skills, but not others, to pingus by clicking them. The skill assigned depends what item you're holding - for miner use a pickaxe (good) and then for bashers you use an apple (wtf?) and diggers use a new mod-specific item. There should just be one item per skill, with whatever crafting recipe makes sense.

And bombers crash the game if they explode too close to you (or maybe my comp just isn't up to it :P). They make a gigantic explosion :o

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 01:24:30 AM »
The way it should go would be somehow like the original Lemmings game where you have some skills in the toolbar, with the number available for each skills, and right-click on a walking Pingus/Lemmings to assign the selected skill. Some skills are also digging too fast imho. But anyway, I think it could be neat to make levels in creative and perhaps even create some new skills. Would love to see the classical trapdoor, an exit somewhere, steel blocks where you can't dig, one-way blocks, turning blocks, and many many things in order to make nice puzzles.