Author Topic: Stop NeoLemmix from repeating previous moves?  (Read 2549 times)

Offline DirkM

• View Profile
Stop NeoLemmix from repeating previous moves?
« on: September 16, 2017, 02:01:42 PM »
I have a problem with NeoLemmix, in that it seems to be remembering my moves and repeating them, even after a failed level attempt.

For example, say I start a level off by making one lemming a Blocker.  I then realize that this was a mistake, and so I nuke the level.  When the level restarts, the game will automatically make that same lemming a Blocker.

Is there a way to turn off this function?

Online namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Stop NeoLemmix from repeating previous moves?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 02:16:59 PM »
At one point there was an option in the Config menu that could turn this off. Not sure if it still exists, but you could check. Alternatively, just press the cancel replay key (C) or click somewhere in the play area that isn't on a lemming, before the action you don't want to repeat does so.

However, rather than nuking the level, just rewind a bit: You can use (assuming you haven't reconfigured the keys) B to go back one frame, minus to go back one second, and < to go back 5 seconds. Also, to instantly restart (without having to go via the postview / preview screens), you can press R, or if you're using the full-size skill panel, click the button that looks like an almost-circle with an arrow at the end.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 02:57:34 PM »
Sorry, but there is no way to prevent the game from trying to replay your actions after you nuked and restarted the level. But as namida mentioned simply clicking anywhere before the first action was done cancels the replaying mode. This was introduced, because quite often one actually wants the first few actions to be replayed. Moreover cancelling a replay is far easier (to code and to teach the user about its existance) than not replaying anything until the user presses some hotkey or button.
Note that the instant restart button namida mentiones does trigger the replaying mode, too. So this is only a shortcut, if you don't want to see the nuking animation, but doesn't help with your actual problem.

The best solution I can offer you at the moment is the following: Check the option "Don't Replay after Backwards Frameskip" in the options menu, and then create a hotkey with the function "Time Skip" and the duration "-100 000" (available in Options->Interface->Configure Hotkeys). Then pressing this button will restart the level without replaying anything.
Disadvantages are that you have to trigger this via the selected hotkey and not via the nuking button, you won't see the preview screen in-between and you don't get the nuking animation.

Offline DirkM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 07:35:21 PM »
The best solution I can offer you at the moment is the following: Check the option "Don't Replay after Backwards Frameskip" in the options menu, and then create a hotkey with the function "Time Skip" and the duration "-100 000" (available in Options->Interface->Configure Hotkeys). Then pressing this button will restart the level without replaying anything.

That worked.  Thank you very much!