Author Topic: Lix 0.8.8 released  (Read 5989 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Lix 0.8.8 released
« on: August 21, 2017, 11:53:34 PM »
Download the newest Lix 0.8.x:

:lix-cool: Download for Windows
:lix: Download for Linux 64-bit
:lix-evil: Source code
:8(): Changelog
:8:()[: Issue tracker

Replace 0.6 entirely: Lix 0.8 changes many tilesets and levels. Don't copy into your 0.6 installation. Instead, extract 0.8 into a new directory. If you'd like to preserve settings and level progress, copy data/user/ from your 0.6 or 0.7 installation into 0.8. You can delete 0.6 and 0.7.

Lix 0.8.0 released.

Features:
  • Stable 0.7.22 physics. I would like to keep these physics at least for several months: 5/9 digger with antiRazor, tumbler splats based on pixels fallen and initializes pixels fallen according to fling speed, and all other physics changes from the 0.7.0 first post.
  • New tilesets over 0.6: Raymanni's Gore, Lab, Toys, and my renovation of Matt's Oriental set. I removed my 11-year-old programmer art tilesets.
  • A ton of bugs closed from 0.6, see the changelog for all the fixes during the 0.7.x experimental releases.
  • Tooltips during game explain directional select, priority invert, and double-click on nuke. Can disable tooltips in the options menu.
  • Removed the unused editor button to add decoration. To fill the void, the button to add terrain is twice as large. Not perfect, but good for now.
Thanks to geoo, Nepster, Proxima for revising levels, proving solvability, and dissecting physics. Thanks to Raymanni for the awesome tilesets -- I should have included them last year already. Thanks to möbius for some neat levels in these sets:

It Takes Time to Build by möbius in Raymanni's Gore tileset

Theresa Falls up the Stairs by möbius and Nepster in Raymanni's Toys tileset

-- Simon
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 06:02:51 AM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.8.1 released
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 09:46:27 PM »
Lix 0.8.1 released.

:lix: Download for Linux 64-bit or see the build instructions

Proxima (Nuntar) linked Lix on the DROD forums, thanks! Dear DROD players, if you have any problems or comments, reply to the DROD forum thread, reply here, or ask in IRC: irc.quakenet.org #lix (webchat).

0.8.1 changelog:
  • The save-as browser (used by the editor to save levels) allows to create new directories.
  • Editor defaults to 30 seconds of overtime on new levels. Singleplayer levels discard their time.
  • Removed hints during levels and manual screen start.
  • Rebevelled matt/underworld/{00,01,02}.png: Better shading, these bricks don't look flattened near their left edge anymore.
  • lemforum: Sinking Ship, geoo is author. namida written in only small letters. Setting a Fundament, renamed to Cubic Interpolation. Forest of fears, removed 2 backroutes.

Re manual screen start: Nepster and Proxima still recommend optional manual screen starts. I haven't ditched the feature idea; nonetheless, I removed D code to load C++ Lix manual screen starts from level files, and to write these starts back to level files. The old C++ values ignore different aspect ratios, ignore different zooms, and have fallen out of date. We don't yet know how D Lix should specify manual screen starts -- maybe it will be more intricate than a mere screen center position? If the feature comes, every level will need dedicated attention anyway.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 10:22:22 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.8.3 released
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 11:39:21 AM »
Lix 0.8.3 released.
  • Fix #176: Make a tile group with at least one non-dark tile where all non-dark tiles are covered entirely by dark tiles. This crashed the game before. This crash is now fixed.
  • Fix #191: Initial zoom on tall narrow maps (e.g., Rubix's Hamunaptra for 4 players) is fit-to-height, or zoom 1 if fit-to-height would zoom even further out. Initial zoom on small narrow maps (e.g., The Runaround) fits the entire map on the screen, obviating scrolling, allowing dark borders.
  • Merged editor's Topology and Looks dialogs into a single new Map dialog. No new functionality yet. I'm thinking about custom screen starts.
  • For a new player, the singleplayer browser highlights Any Way You Want, the first map of the lemforum pack.
  • lemforum, Forest of Fears: Wider exit platform, should look less cramped now.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 05:06:07 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.8.4 released
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 05:05:49 PM »
Lix 0.8.4 released.
  • Fix #4 and #213: Some graphics cards cannot load textures wider or taller than 4096 pixels. Amanda's tar and occult hatch were too wide. Now, I allow two-dimensional spritesheets for single-animation gadgets, and I've rearranged the frames in the tar and occult hatch. In Lix, looks and physics should be unaffected.
  • lemforum: Over the Hump out, Duality in. Duality and Round Trip swap places within Daunting.
  • 5 new multiplayer maps by Rubix.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 02:49:29 AM by Simon »

Offline Ramon

• View Profile
    • JRK Studios
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 10:11:21 AM »
Wow I must have missed something. Lix 8.4? Last version I remember is somewhere in the 6es :D

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 10:53:05 AM »
Thanks! I've pushed the unstable 0.7 through two months of physics changes, recommending 0.6 alongside for puzzle-solving and netplay.

It felt good to settle on physics for 0.8 and support only one version.

-- Simon

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.8.5 released
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 02:48:59 AM »
Lix 0.8.5 released.

• Fix #244: In the editor, grouping certain tiles led to an assertion failure: The game attempted to cut the group like a gridded animation. Fixed.
  • Fix: When the editor inserts a tile from the terrain browser into a level, the tile will be aligned to the grid.
  • Fix: Batting near exits sounds like a miss, not like a hit anymore.
  • Most of #216: Ping button: A small button in multipalyer games, next to the nuke. Button clicks highlight all own goals for 4 seconds by flashing them inside black and white boxes above the terrain. Can be hotkeyed; by default, no key is bound.
  • Fix #162: In the hotkey options, if you bind the same key twice, all its bindings show in red. You can decide whether to remove one binding or keep all.
  • I enforce bitmap creation: If you run out of VRAM, Lix should now terminate with a proper exception, not crash later in unrelated functions. If you crash, screenshot the error, or send me data/log.txt.
  • I optimized the lix Job hierarchy for speed: Lixes are value types, and carry their job as a value type within themselves. (Drawing many exploder fuses at once is still slow. Organ Symphony will still kill the framerate.)
  • Fix #211: On Linux, you can pass a compiler switch to make Lix system-wide installable, follwing the XDG base directory structure. For arbitrary installation paths, open an issue on github.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 03:20:24 AM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.8.6 released
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 11:09:07 AM »
Lix 0.8.6 released.
  • Fix #227: Lobby player list shows 8 entries at a time and scrolls. Before, it let the the 9th, 10th, ..., button bleed underneath the list.
  • Fix #228: Edge scrolling requires the hardware mouse inside the window.
  • Fix #229: Pressing the hotkey of an empty skill deselects all skills instead of keeping the previous selection.
  • Included Rubix's variants on Marble Run, Eater Island, Diagonal 8p, and removed dead space on Across the Gap. Everybody else: Post your multiplayer maps, then I can include them in the next version.
  • Optionally print during play the number of physics updates, frames per second, and a ballpark guess of allocated VRAM.
No need to update. Physics are the same as in 0.8.5 -- frogs will eat cubers, and overtime must still run out after everybody nukes. These bugs will be fixed in 0.9, which should come at end of week. I don't want to push a physics update 7 hours before the networking session. :lix-blush: (at 18 UTC today)

-- Simon
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 02:54:55 PM by Simon »

Offline Colorful Arty

• You are so loved!
    • View Profile
    • Colorful Arty's Youtube Page
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 01:07:53 PM »
I'm confused. Do we need to submit our multiplayer levels to you before they appear to everyone?
My Youtube channel where I let's play games with family-friendly commentary:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiRPZ5j87ft_clSRLFCESQA

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/colorfularty

My levelpack: SubLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4942.0
For Old formats NeoLemmix: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2787.0
For SuperLemmini: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2704.0

My levelpack: ArtLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4583.0

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 01:15:09 PM »
Depends on what you mean by "appear to everyone":
  • To play a map with everybody, only you need a copy of it. Select it in the lobby, and the server will relay it to all players. They will not store the map on their disk.
  • Lix level browsers will only browse the files in levels/ on disk. They don't access any network. When you offer your maps for inclusion in a release, everybody will be able to select the maps.
-- Simon

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.8.7 released
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 02:54:35 PM »
Lix 0.8.7 released.

• The out-of-skills beep was too trigger-happy: When we clicked a mining lix and had miners left in the skill panel, the game beeped as if we were out of skills. But we weren't out of skills, we merely couldn't assign to an already-working miner. Fixed: Beeping only when out of skills.
-- Simon

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.8.8 released
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2017, 06:04:29 AM »
Lix 0.8.8 released.

Still 0.8.5 physics: This 0.8.8 still has the severe bug where you can fling cubers and thereby reanimate them, leading to wrong counts of lix alive. 0.9 will fix this.

But 0.9 will take several more days because we're considering to re-shade Raymanni's tilesets. In the meantime, here is 0.8.8 with all the non-physics features so far.
  • Merged 9 new multiplayer maps by Colorful Arty. Merged multiplayer map updates by geoo.
  • All racing maps, and geoo's Tower Defense 22934, have zero overtime. All other maps have nonzero overtime.
  • The ping button highlights both your hatches and your exits in multiplayer.
  • Multiplayer colors: Orange and yellow are more distinct. Grey is lighter. Blue and black are darker.
  • Warn about fewer key collisions in the the options tab for hotkeys in menus.
  • Linux packaging: You can override the XDG install path with a custom path, see doc/build/package.txt. The git repository has a large logo as SVG. Thanks to Lucki, our Arch Linux packager, for this logo! I don't ship that in the download because it's over 3 MB.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 07:25:12 AM by Simon »

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
Re: Lix 0.8.8 released
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2017, 05:10:33 PM »
Fix #4 and #213: Some graphics cards cannot load textures wider or taller than 4096 pixels. Amanda's tar and occult hatch were too wide. Now, I allow two-dimensional spritesheets for single-animation gadgets, and I've rearranged the frames in the tar and occult hatch. In Lix, looks and physics should be unaffected.

Thanks for fixing that although it probably only affects older machines I suppose.
I suspected that it was graphics card related since that causes the most trouble for me nowadays.