Author Topic: How to choose a level?  (Read 5690 times)

Offline Forbidden

• View Profile
How to choose a level?
« on: June 23, 2017, 02:50:19 AM »
Hi, I'm very new, not good at computer programming what so ever.. I'm trying to play lemmings.. I so far  have Neolemmix, lemmixplayer and lemmixplayerohno... And Trying figure out how do you pick levels?  With neolemmix, and skip one level at a time... But takes bit time to get to the level I was on last.. With the others so far haven't figure out how to pick levels.. Thank you, for any helpful advice!

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: How to choose a level?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 09:35:40 AM »
If you're using the latest version of NeoLemmix, not the experimental version. You should be able to select levels from the main menu using F2.
This would take you to a screen with a list of levels to choose from.

Alternately, if you need to skip levels while on the level preview screen then just use the arrow keys, left and right l.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 03:55:20 PM »
Welcome to the forums, Forbidden! :thumbsup:

To directly select in the LemmixPlayer and LemmixPLayerOhNo, do the following steps:
1) Press the second button or F2 on the main menu. A password menu should appear.
2) Enter "CHEATCODES" and press return. At the bottom of the screen, there should appear something like "Cheatcodes enabled". You only have to do this once.
Alternatively you can open the corresponding .ini file (in a text editor) and replace the line "CheatCodesEnabled=0" by "CheatCodesEnabled=1".
3) Enter as a password [rank name][level number], so e.g. "FUN23" or "WICKED7". This directly selects levels.

However I recommend getting the original lemmings and ONML as NeoLemmix packs. This allows you to use all the new features added to NeoLemmix. Here are the download links to these packs.

Offline Forbidden

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 07:49:57 PM »
My F2 key controls how bright I want my screen... I'm trying to google how to stop this.. So far haven't found a solution to this....

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 07:53:46 PM »
Do you have a key marked "fn" next to ctrl? If so, press this and then F2.

Offline Forbidden

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 08:06:38 PM »
Yes that works! Thank you so much! :)

Offline Frakkur

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 04:01:30 PM »
Hi Forbidden

I played for months without realising that the minus key took you back so I replayed levels dozens of times until I succeeded.  I also didn't know about advancing levels with the arrow key so when I couldn't solve one, I was stuck.

This forum is so helpful....