Author Topic: How and where do I upload my level pack in .nxp format  (Read 3590 times)

Offline Calamity

• View Profile
How and where do I upload my level pack in .nxp format
« on: June 13, 2017, 05:16:24 AM »
I just put GrentLems on the database and then realised no one will play it with Lemmini and the levels need to be altered for NeoLemmix to fix backroutes. I now have most of the levels in the .lvl format, but to playtest them I have to open them one by one and then close it and open NeoLemmix again for the next one. I was wondering how I can make these into a pack (similar to levelpack.ini for Lemmini) with ratings/ability to change between levels without closing and reopening NeoLemmix. Sorry if this has been answered before.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How and where do I upload my level pack in .nxp format
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 06:32:38 AM »
Hi and welcome to the forums :laugh:

The old database is just a gathering of very old levels today (never used it myself :P). It really should be pointed out in the news ticker.

For playtesting no manual reopening of the NL player is needed: There is a playtest option in the editor either located in the top menus or simply Hotkey F2. If you have a NeoLemmix player in the editor folder it will automatically open the level for you.

If you want to put your levels together in a nxp file check this out: http://www.neolemmix.com/?page=flexi                Together with the tutorials there.

But be careful: Soon there will be a format change and packs will have to be updated for that. The update to the new format if you only have 1 pack however should be relatively easy. Keep track on the topics regarding the new format and you won't have many problems as soon when everything is ready for the change. I assume there will be a dedicated topic on how to convert your stuff as well.

Offline Calamity

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 07:00:28 AM »

What do you mean pointed out in the news ticker (if I search that only this post comes up). I just finished everything (aside from Flexi stuff) so I just need to know where to post it.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 07:35:20 AM »
The new ticker on the site itself mentiones the database at some point.

There is a subforum called "Level Packs" for finished up packs. There you can post your pack in a new topic. The pack itself can be attached to the post if it's small, otherwise give us an external download link (like dropbox or sth) that you can provide.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 09:04:35 AM »
Theoretically, up to 16MB can be uploaded as an attachment to a post. In practice, people have reported trouble with uploads over 10MB or so. If you need somewhere else to upload the file, you might be able to put it in your OneDrive folder (if you have Windows 8 or Windows 10) and get a share link somehow, though I wouldn't be able to tell you how - I personally use DropBox (which is a very similar software, regardless of your OS you can get 2GB of space for free and it's definitely possible to share a link). Anything of the kind will work well. In the future it'll be possible to upload them to the NeoLemmix website, but I've decided to hold off on implementing this until the new formats version of NeoLemmix is ready for general use.

Also note that if you get a timeout error, and your file is under 16MB, try using a different browser. Firefox in particular seems to have bugs for some people when trying to upload files.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)