Author Topic: Replace "rank graphic not found" with default rank signs[SUGGESTION][EXP-PLAYER]  (Read 1811 times)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Exp. Player V11.14.19:C474AF8

In the old version, if a pack did not have a custom-made graphic sign, the default graphic sign would be "Step 1" "Step 2" and so on forth.

However, in the new version, it says "Rank Graphic not found". This is a major issue because one will wonder what rank they currently are at, especially if the pack has so many ranks (e.g. the Lemmix-to-NeoLemmix conversion packs).

I am unsure what the best solution is, assuming that a pack can now have more than 15 ranks. Maybe just put something as simple as "Rank 1" "Rank 2" etc. as the rank graphics.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
The best solution there would probably be to define them as seperate packs in the first place. (For the record, NeoLemmix has no problem with packs-inside-packs, or for that matter, ranks-inside-ranks.)

And indeed, packs no longer have a 15-rank limitation, nor a 255-levels-per-rank limitation.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
This is now fixed for the first 15 ranks and most packs won't have more. So I consider this topic fixed for the moment.