Author Topic: Lemmings -> Famitracker (20A3 only) Covers  (Read 2768 times)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
Lemmings -> Famitracker (20A3 only) Covers
« on: September 29, 2017, 01:42:34 AM »
I made some covers of the original lemmings soundtrack (mostly the Amiga version, but drawing from a few other versions as well) using Famitracker. I made these over the course of about two or three years, or something like that. It's been quite a while since I started these - but it's a complete set, including the intro song and the special graphics levels. I then sat on them for a few months after finishing them. Seeing those VRC6 covers reminded me that I'd never gotten around to releasing these, so... I decided I might as well post them.

The project was first started as a way to one-up the really, really low quality music of the NES port of this game. As such, I chose to maintain similar limitations/restrictions - specifically, no expansion chips were used, and the DPCM channel (low-quality sample playback) was not used.

Doggie and cancan have two versions of them - both have one based on their Genesis/Megadrive version; Cancan has another based off of the Amiga version; Doggie has another that mixes some aspects of the Amiga and the Genesis version. I felt a straight-up port would not work particularly well for Doggie, so the introduction section present in the Amiga version is not present, instead skipping directly to the actual song. Some songs have had other edits. Lemming2 has a percussion line added based on the Lemmings 2 version. Lemming3 has had some slight modifications to the notes in an accompaniment part, simply because something that sounded fine on the Amiga came across very dissonant when ported note for note to pulse waves (this change is quite subtle, and would probably only be noticed with a side-by-side comparison). The bassline in Mountain was filled in a little, as it sometimes cuts out for chords for what appeared to be limitations in the Amiga version that were for some reason carried over to just about every port.

To open the FTM file, you'll need this. http://famitracker.com/
The .ogg conversion was too large to upload as one post, so I had to split it into multiple .zips. Sorry.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 02:18:20 AM by Dullstar »

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
Re: Lemmings -> Famitracker (20A3 only) Covers
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 02:13:08 AM »
Sorry about splitting this into 3 archives. The whole thing is too big for one post, and for some reason the 2nd half attaches just fine split into two parts, but is too large to upload as one, which makes no sense considering the total attachment size limit and the maximum file size are the same...