Author Topic: Hello hello hello!  (Read 2202 times)

Offline PixieDreams

• The Rabbit
  • I love animals! I've 3 dogs - Odie, Pinkie & Ruby.
    • View Profile
    • Odie's Ocean
Hello hello hello!
« on: May 03, 2017, 11:49:06 AM »
Hello. I'm PixieDreams and I love puzzle games. :) I play DROD, Lemmings, and other games in other genres (also Pingus, a Lemmings clone). I'm at the DROD forums (I'm OdiePie there) and some other forums. I also love animals; my favorites are elephants, horses and dogs, but rodents are cute too and they can scurry around and go into small holes and... :D I have three dogs; two Lhasa Apsos (Odie [male] and Pinkie [female], 8 months old) and one Pomeranian (Ruby [female], 2 months old). I use Neolemmix for playing and creating levels. I love creating levels in games. I've made some DROD levels (not yet public though) and I'm in the process of creating a (not yet public) NeoLemmix levelpack.
I discovered Lemmings a few years back (2013? lol yeah I'm a bit of a newcomer :P) but was not very keen on playing for a number of reasons; I probably thought it was too hard for me, and I was shy about trying new things (now I'm not :P), and I only heard of Lemmini (from the roundthewheelrtw LP; that was where I heard about Lemmings in fact) and Java is :lix-suspicious:, so I didn't play it then (I still enjoyed watching the roundthewheelrtw LP :)). Now that I have Arch Linux 64-bit (I have Windows 7 32-bit and Windows 10 32-bit on this laptop too, so a triple-boot), I decided to give Lemmings a go (lol only a few days ago :P), and I found NeoLemmix and downloaded it. It's the best player for me. :)
Can't wait to chat with y'all! :D
Lemmings and DROD are awesome!
Check out the DROD forums! :D

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Hello hello hello!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 03:10:54 PM »
Welcome welcome! Arch! :lix-grin:

Proxima cares a lot about DROD. We've often discussed how the Lemmings and DROD communities grew similar cultures around level design, with lots of peer reviews for backroutes. You can develop most of the pack in private, or test with few community members, or publish incomplete packs early on.

We don't have to declare Lemmings levels as final once they're released. Even the older, stable packs might get occasional updates.

Modern Lemmings shifts away from dexterity and towards pure puzzling too, with framestepping, savestates, and interruptible replays.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 03:57:13 PM by Simon »