Author Topic: Screen scrolls even when mouse is outside [BUG]  (Read 1966 times)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Screen scrolls even when mouse is outside [BUG]
« on: April 20, 2017, 06:42:13 PM »
Steps to reproduce:
1) Switch to windowed mode.
2) Start a large level that allows scrolling.
3) Hit the "Release Mouse" hotkey.
4) Move the mouse outside the actual game window.
If you now move to one of the sides, where the level can scroll to, it in fact does scroll in that direction, even when the cursor is completely outside the game window.
The indended behavior (as far as I am concerned) is to scroll only when the mouse is caught within the game window.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: Screen scrolls even when mouse is outside [BUG]
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 10:06:17 PM »
I can verify this. I didn't realize it was a bug that's why I never said anything but I'd say it's annoying.

This didn't used to happen anyways
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 10:11:27 PM »
@möbius: Whenever you find something that annoys you, please tell us. Regardless of whether you realize it is a bug or not. Even if neither namida nor I fix it immediately, we keep such things in mind and take it into account when making future design decisions.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 10:23:34 AM »
This would be caused by some changes to how the need to scroll is detected. It should be a simple fix.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 12:50:39 PM »
Fixed in V10.13.16-B hotfix.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)