Author Topic: [Bug?][gstool] Lack of resolution feature = Inability to auto shrink pieces  (Read 2016 times)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
Ok IMO The resolution feature didn't need to axed because I've tested a few terrain piece that were for Lemmini, they didn't shrink to fit neolemmix
But then I thought, its not enough proof so i tested an object again

Second verse same as the first, personally I just say bring it back but just as a check to the tool will auto shrink pieces (Like they should) for the editor
There's a reason why I liked the older version just for conversion in another thread

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Not a bug as such. But it is a removed feature that needs something to replace it.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
Not a bug as such. But it is a removed feature that needs something to replace it.
I Suggested on the post above about a check that could do the same thing

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
The issue is the tool can't magically know whether, for example, a 64x64 PNG file is a 2x resolution image that should be resized to 32x32, or an image that's intended to be 64x64 at 1x resolution and is just really big. Of course, during actual import of a Lemmini set that's another matter, but when importing from lone PNG files there's no way for it to know, and there should probably be some way that the user can tell it.

I can add options that would help with this (and will look into what might work well), but can't make the tool magically know everything.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
I don't see a way around NL-specific tooling for gadgets, you want to shrink the meta-info. :-/

For mere terrain: convert sourcefile.png -scale 50% targetfile.png, using ImageMagick's convert, and then write a shell loop around this. Even on Windows.

-- Simon

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Loading (Super)Lemmini graphic sets seems to work fine.

For importing single images / image strips, I've added a "Lemmini Resolution" checkbox to the import dialog. If clicked, GSTool will reduce the resolution of the imported image.
My Lemmings projects