Author Topic: My Sonic the Hedgehog iOS Time Attack records  (Read 2699 times)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
My Sonic the Hedgehog iOS Time Attack records
« on: February 02, 2017, 07:28:55 AM »
Hi everyone! How's it going? Believe it or not, but this is my first post of 2017.

I was aware that Simon broke the Speedrun world record for Jack Jackrabbit; just forgot to send him my congratulations. This is a similar sort of thing: Record setting individual acts instead of doing it all in one go.

There is a feature that allows you to play as Sonic and Tails in Time Attack mode, rather than just Sonic. I found out how to take Sonic up in the air with Tails. That has helped me reached the top spot at Labyrinth Zone Act 1. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to come close to it. As the scores look, it appears that I'm aiming to reach the top 10 of every act. I'm amazed that I've achieved this in two of the three acts in the Green Hill Zone, the most popular zone and first one to access.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Overall, I'm really pleased to effectively prove that I'm a solid platform gamer. I also have records in Sonic 2 and Sonic CD, but for the former my positions aren't too impressive and the latter's leaderboard is broken.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: My Sonic the Hedgehog iOS Time Attack records
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 04:37:22 AM »
Yes yes, nice first place for individual level!

I'd have liked to see a video, but I understand that it'll be hard to record video from the phone. Leaderboards are easily cheated when they don't require input recordings or video proofs. But you can always compete against your own best.

I've watched some Sonic 3 & Knuckles runs, the old Sonics are entertaining to watch even though I've never played any.

-- Simon

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Re: My Sonic the Hedgehog iOS Time Attack records
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 06:17:48 AM »
Thanks for the praise, Simon!

I use an iPad, rather than an iPhone, in which the game certainly looks great in that big screen. Speaking of recordings, I would've loved to make a snapshot of my gameplay, like my laptop can. But, just like trying to make a video I don't know how. I'll have a look into which apps can actually do these sorts of things.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3