Author Topic: Screen size slightly below level size  (Read 6050 times)

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Screen size slightly below level size
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2017, 06:47:37 AM »
We discussed this a bit in IRC. In the current version, Simon wants to ensure that no two zoom levels are too close to each other. I think this is why 100% zoom got eliminated and the jump was from 70% to 200%

I disagree with this, I think that no two consecutive zoom levels should be too far apart. Furthermore the common integer zoom levels, as well the zoom where the level fits horizontally and where it fits vertically, should be included.
I think I'm in favour of more fine-grained than Simon here (Simon wants only one zoom level by default between 1x and 2x zoom while I'd propose more than that), but apart from that Simon agrees that this could be a sensible solution.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: Screen size slightly below level size
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2017, 02:22:29 PM »
Yeah, going from 70 to 200 will pretty much feel like a bug to most people.  I can also see why Simon might have wanted to avoid going from potentially an initial 99 to 100, though I think that's actually okay as long as you're not forced to always go through the 99 when later zooming out from 100 or zooming back in towards 100.

I can see different uses for finer-grained zoom versus integral zooms (the former to control the amount of level area you can see, the latter primarily to ensure pixel-level clarity IMO).  If you want to be overkill about it, I can imagine a hypothetical setup with one set of hotkeys (like PgUp/PgDn) for fine-grained zooming, another set (like Shift+PgUp/PgDn) for integral-only zooming, and maybe even a special hotkey just to zoom out until entire level fits onscreen.  So both the Simons and the geoos can eat their cake. ;P