Author Topic: Gameboy Color Version of Lemmings  (Read 6462 times)

Offline manic23

• View Profile
Gameboy Color Version of Lemmings
« on: January 18, 2017, 12:02:09 PM »
Hope this is the right sub forum, was not sure where to post this!

Does anyone know anything about the Gameboy Color version of Lemmings? Apparently it does exist as detailed here...

http://www.mobygames.com/game/gameboy-color/lemmings-oh-no-more-lemmings

The thing is I have never seen it, like ever in the wild, I have been searching for this version for years now. It never shows up on eBay or anywhere. Am I wasting my time? Is someone just having a joke about this game existing or have stepped Into in a parallel universe where this game was never made?

I would appreciate help from anyone in the know!  Thanks

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Gameboy Color Version of Lemmings
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 12:13:05 PM »
I wouldn't be able to help you track down a physical copy if this is for a collection, but if you're simply looking to play it, the ROM isn't hard to find. So I'd say it definitely exists. ;)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline manic23

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 12:17:21 PM »
yes thanks, I have the ROM and it's on my GB Everdrive, but as a collector I always like to have the actual game, I am just curious as to why it seems so hard to find, can't have sold very well or maybe it was never released in the UK. Who knows!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 12:42:39 PM »
Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lemmings-Nintendo-Game-Boy-Color-Game-Complete-CIB-with-Box-and-Booklet-/272403978991?hash=item3f6c8adaef:g:BlgAAOSwFe5Xzd9b
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lemmings-Nintendo-Game-Boy-Color-GBC-GBA-Cleaned-Works-Great-/302186268336?hash=item465bb486b0:g:0yoAAOSw5cNYa-ST

It doesn't have "& Oh No! More Lemmings!" noted anywhere on it, but I can't find any information on a standalone release of only Lemmings for GBC, so I think this might be what you're after. There are other listings (some under the Japanese release title of "Lemmings VS"), but most are cartridge only without any packaging or booklet.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline manic23

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 03:04:38 PM »
YES! Thanks for that sadly they both don't ship to the UK. I think that Lemmings for GB was a US/JP only released I don't think it was ever released in the UK.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 03:57:12 PM »
I know that over here in NZ, our post service offers a service where you can get items sent to a US address, and have them forwarded to a local NZ address. Might something similar exist in your country?

If not, it's possible that one of the US-based members here might be willing to help you out with arranging something privately. Do keep in mind though that, while it's very unlikely that any of the established members of this community would try and scam you, the forum staff can't really do much about it if they were to do so.
My Lemmings projects

Offline manic23

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 05:49:45 PM »
Thank you very much for you help, I will certainly look into a postal service and if that fails I might ask about the forum.

Thanks again.

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 01:38:32 AM »
From what I can tell you about this port from the Lemmings port book I have, there is definitely no EU version. Only US and Jap versions exist.

The game contains 170 (50 missing) levels from Lemmings and Oh No More Lemmings and has 9 difficulty ranks. Fun, Tricky, Taxing, Mayhem, Tame, Crazy, Wild, Wicked and Havoc.

Max Lemmings 14
Despite coming out in 2000, 7 years after the game boy original version, it's mentioned that the game boy color version is just as bad because despite the added color, the music is terrible apparently.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 03:27:11 AM »
I can confirm the existence of this port, because I've played it before on real hardware.
I don't THINK it had & Oh No! More Lemmings in the title, but it was definitely there.

I believe it has a completely different soundtrack. If I recall, it's not great but it's at least better than the NES version of the soundtrack, so there's that.

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 03:52:14 AM »
From what I can tell you about this port from the Lemmings port book I have, there is definitely no EU version. Only US and Jap versions exist.

The game contains 170 (50 missing) levels from Lemmings and Oh No More Lemmings and has 9 difficulty ranks. Fun, Tricky, Taxing, Mayhem, Tame, Crazy, Wild, Wicked and Havoc.

Max Lemmings 14
Despite coming out in 2000, 7 years after the game boy original version, it's mentioned that the game boy color version is just as bad because despite the added color, the music is terrible apparently.

fun fact, in the japanese version, there is a multiplayer feature, it was removed from the us ports for unknown reasons

Offline manic23

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 08:09:08 AM »
Thanks for all the replys guys, you know what I am a complete idiot, I also have the Lemmings Ports book and didn't think to look there! I clearly need a holiday!

I think the best bet if I want to find this is to look on the US eBay. I am a collector of Lemmings games so I really want to try to track this down.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2017, 09:47:03 AM »
I had a quick look for other sellers, but all of them seem to be either US shipping only, or cartridge-only without packaging. Your best bet is probably to use a forwarding service or ask someone US-based to help you out, I guess.
My Lemmings projects

Offline manic23

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 01:36:16 PM »
Aw thanks for doing that namida, really nice friendly forum this is