Author Topic: Flexi, Xmas lemmings won't appear  (Read 3638 times)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
Flexi, Xmas lemmings won't appear
« on: January 14, 2017, 11:24:43 PM »
So I followed the instruction on the data files for the xmas lemmings for flexi tool (10.12.12-B i believe) and still vanilla lems, and im asking myself, what gives?
what am i doing wrong?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Yeah I'm asking about why the Xmas lemmings wont appear
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 03:49:43 AM »
On the main tab of Flexi tool, from the dropdown box, select:

"(from graphic set)" if you want the Santa lemmings on the Xmas set, and regular lemmings on other sets
"default" if you want the regular lemmings always
"xmas" if you want the Santa lemmings always

You do not need to add any custom data files if all you want to do is switch which one of these two sprite sets is used, as NL itself includes both of these sets.

If you are doing this and using V10.12.12 / V10.12.12-B to play your NXP and it still doesn't work, let me know and I'll look into whether there's some bug here.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 05:29:20 AM »
On the main tab of Flexi tool, from the dropdown box, select:

"(from graphic set)" if you want the Santa lemmings on the Xmas set, and regular lemmings on other sets
"default" if you want the regular lemmings always
"xmas" if you want the Santa lemmings always

You do not need to add any custom data files if all you want to do is switch which one of these two sprite sets is used, as NL itself includes both of these sets.

If you are doing this and using V10.12.12 / V10.12.12-B to play your NXP and it still doesn't work, let me know and I'll look into whether there's some bug here.

I have been doing that, I selected "xmas" before building the nxp or custom files, still normal lems, and I did the same after adding custom files, still normal lems

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 05:33:57 AM »
I'll look into this issue later tonight, and most likely release a bugfixing hotfix for it (I need to do one anyway, as there's a couple of other graphical glitches I've noticed; fortunately they have no serious effect on gameplay).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Flexi, Xmas lemmings won't appear
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 12:37:18 PM »
This was a bug in the player; the V10.12.12-C hotfix will fix this issue. (No update to Flexi is needed; things were working fine on Flexi's side.)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 02:50:01 PM by Simon »
My Lemmings projects