Author Topic: Hello from France (new Lemmings version found)  (Read 4437 times)

Offline rhod

• View Profile
Hello from France (new Lemmings version found)
« on: November 22, 2016, 05:48:41 PM »
Hi, i'm Jean-Christophe (alias Rhod) a french collector of many games like Lemmings
I collect all versions worldwide of Lemmings
i'm 46 years old

my site : www.rhod.fr
my blog : https://rhodblog.wordpress.com/

I just received a version totally unknown to me, a few weeks ago. This version is for Toshiba J-3100 portable computer.

you can see it at :

https://rhodblog.wordpress.com/2016/11/17/lemmings-toshiba-j-3100/
https://rhodblog.wordpress.com/2016/11/19/lemmings-japanese-computer-versions/

Do not hesitate to contact me for questions, or other topics

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from France (new Lemmings version found)
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 01:11:11 AM »
Hi Rhod

Welcome to the forum

I've noticed you have a very big collection of games particularly older games some of them I quite like. Boulder dash seems to be a popular one with yourself, I remember playing a game called (Pablo and the Gold of Montezuma) for the atari st, the music in the game was quite good, I think it might of been the same people that did the music for (enchanted land) another atari st game but I could wrong.

Pablo and the Gold of Montezuma sort of reminded me of a boulder dash type of game which I think you might like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ltBrNlqA6Y

Spy vs Spy was a good game used to play that one with my brother, the one we have was the spy vs spy artic antics which was quite good.

What was your favorite lemmings game and your least favorite?

Offline rhod

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 05:13:06 PM »
Hi,

I do not know Pablo and the Gold of Montezuma
cool Boulder Dash clone, thanks (Still a game to find....)

my Favorite Spy Vs is Spy, is ISLAND CAPER , very funny with 2 players

For Lemmings, is think, the first.

I take this opportunity to pass a message

i'm looking for versions on SAM COUPE of Lemmings & oh no! more Lemmings

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 10:48:19 PM »
Good luck on your Lemmings collection! 8-) Looking at your blog, I think you have far more extensive collection of Lemmings games and boxes than anyone else here, by a wide margin.  So we probably won't be able to help you any better than you searching on auction sites like eBay, but hey you never know.  Maybe one day another avid collector like you may stumble onto here and leave a post! ;)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 11:00:21 PM »
impressive collection! :thumbsup: I've never even heard of the Toshiba J-3100 :lem-mindblown:

There are certainty more versions of Lemmings than I thought.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 12:47:02 AM »
It looks like it [clarification: I mean the computer, Toshiba J-3100] was primarily marketed in Japan only, and moreover marketed primarily as a business laptop computer rather than home or gaming, so it's not surprising that many of us have never heard of it.

From Google search results, the "Information Processing Society of Japan"'s "Computer Museum" website says J-3100 is just the Japanese model number for what's called the T-3100 outside of Japan.  Google search on T3100 yields this page with more technical specification details.  Basically looks like it's an IBM-PC compatible laptop computer running MS-DOS 3.2 6.2 [edit: fixed typo] on an Intel 80286 CPU, with a display adapter that's fully CGA compatible (though it does appear to have a nonstandard special 640x400 mode, but I'm doubtful that the Lemmings software actually make use of that).

Given these spec details, I wonder if the game's software itself may just be the exact same version (or at best a barely modified version that, say, simply removed all non-applicable settings like choice of using VGA/EGA mode) of DOS Lemmings many of us owned, just packaged differently.  Of course, for a collector, the different packaging boxes and manuals are still significant even if the software itself may not be actually different.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 03:02:13 AM by ccexplore »

Offline rhod

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 01:24:26 PM »
J-3100 = T-3100 in USA.

J/T-3100 was the first portable computer with hard-drive.

The versions for Sam Coupe, will be really the most difficult to find to complete my collection of Lemmings.

I do the bigger, the rest is not very complicated to find. I rely more on the community to help me than to find them on ebay ...

I promise to make a nice photo at the end with all versions of Lemmings :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Offline NathanBros

• Luigi Time!!!
  • Plumber Expert
    • View Profile
    • VST Plugins Free Download
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 03:54:30 PM »
Welcome to the forums Rhod, enjoy your stay!
Luigi Time!!!
My blog: Sylenth1 VST Synth

Offline PixieDreams

• The Rabbit
  • I love animals! I've 3 dogs - Odie, Pinkie & Ruby.
    • View Profile
    • Odie's Ocean
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2017, 12:29:24 PM »
Welcome to the forums, Rhod! You have an impressive collection (of things other than Lemmings too)! :thumbsup:
Lemmings and DROD are awesome!
Check out the DROD forums! :D