Author Topic: free gift -- contraption maker?  (Read 4056 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
free gift -- contraption maker?
« on: November 08, 2016, 10:27:35 PM »
I'm not sure about this because I don't use Steam super often (only play the games don't use the store other than buying stuff) But it seems like I somehow got a free copy of Contraption maker which I can gift to someone. Does anybody want it?
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Ramon

• View Profile
    • JRK Studios
Re: free gift -- contraption maker?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 11:44:57 AM »
Did you buy the game on Steam yourself at some point? Each purchase comes with a free copy that you can gift to someone else, so that would explain where you got it from. I for my part already bought it a while ago :)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 10:45:55 PM »
Did you buy the game on Steam yourself at some point? Each purchase comes with a free copy that you can gift to someone else, so that would explain where you got it from. I for my part already bought it a while ago :)

Are you sure about this? I never knew; how exactly do you do this?

Wait do you mean this only applies to Contraption maker? Does every game you buy on steam come with a  free copy? I did buy Contraption Maker Myself.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Ramon

• View Profile
    • JRK Studios
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 11:55:57 AM »
It only applies to Contraption Maker (and it even says so on its store page I believe). So a purchase of that game will automatically put another free copy of the game into your inventory.

I suppose it's an attempt from the devs to try to push the game to a broader audience. Hard to say whether it helped.