Author Topic: Kiwi Knight Tileset  (Read 5411 times)

Offline zanzindorf

• View Profile
    • Zanzindorf.com
Kiwi Knight Tileset
« on: October 20, 2016, 12:02:33 AM »
Preview:

Here's a new tileset. These graphics are from a game I've been working on. I thought it'd be fun to turn it into a Lemmings tileset. If you have feedback, I'd love to hear it. I try to patch out errors as quick as possible. If you see something that's off, let me know. This pack includes:
  • 97 Terrain Objects
  • Three traps: a spinning fan, a spike pit, and a grabby hand monster.
  • Example level (Pictured above).

Current Version: v2.0

Downloads:
For NeoLemmix (v1.47n) https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3xWIYE9dsVlaTkzdC1oZGZ4c2c
For Super Lemmini https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3xWIYE9dsVlU09za3hqRVpxTVU

Current Version for experimental release: v2.1
For NeoLemmix (Experiential Version) - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3xWIYE9dsVlOFU4NXR0Zy1BaG8
Thanks to Nepster for doing the conversion for me! Thanks Nepster :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 09:35:51 PM by zanzindorf »

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Re: Kiwi Knight Tileset
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 12:58:50 AM »
Nice to see another tileset from you! :thumbsup:

The graphics look really gorgeous! How come there are blocks with the numbers, arrows, smiley faces, etc.?

The spike animations are very cute, something I've never seen in any Lemmings tileset that uses spikes before! :laugh:

There are three typos I've noticed:
1. The pre-placed lemming is a "No Effect" object (as I've seen in the editor).
2. When the hand trap gets the lemming, the color of the lemming's hair changes into a light-blue color (seen in picture below).
3. You'll also need to add one-way down arrows (this should also apply to the Glacier tileset).

Once you think the tilesets are in a complete state and there are no major typos, you should consider submitting those to the NeoLemmix auto-downloadable list! You'll have to change the name of the tileset in order to conform with the NeoLemmix rules though (e.g. zanzindorf_sKiwi.dat, zemmings_sKiwi.dat, etc.).
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 01:12:19 AM by Wafflem »
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline zanzindorf

• View Profile
    • Zanzindorf.com
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 01:36:32 AM »
Thanks for the feedback Wafflem! I'll check out that auto-download list. I didn't know that was a thing. Thanks!

I'll jump on those typos soon. For the lemming hair color, I think I just used the wrong lemming spritesheet as a reference. Should be an easy fix.

In my game, the arrows, numbers, and smiley faces are used to direct the player towards certain things, drop subtle hints on what to do, or act as landmarks. For lemmings, they're pretty much just decoration.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 07:56:51 AM »
With these excellent tilesets comming out from you, I have to rethink the graphic set distribution for Reunion 2! :thumbsup:  I really want to include some levels using this and Glacier now ;)

But I will wait a little bit until I start to seriously creating levels with these to avoid the possible critical updates at immidiate release. 

Will test this over the days a bit maybe I can see another thing which could need some finetuning ;)     Maybe wait until the next patch to avoid double reporting things wafflem already pointed out.

Offline zanzindorf

• View Profile
    • Zanzindorf.com
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 11:31:09 PM »
Just uploaded version 2. The links in the original post have been updated.

Change log:
  • Fixed hand trap sprite - Hair is now correct color.
  • Fixed "No-effect" on pre-placed lemmings. (Neolemmix Only)
  • Added one-way down arrows. (Neolemmix Only)

Thanks for your feedback! If you find anything else, let me know :thumbsup:

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 03:29:06 PM »
Looked through the tiles and the only thing that came to my mind is that the 2 no-effect objects don't look 100% like objects.

They could be mistaken for terrain if not used together with the spinning trap, but there are quite a few of these type of objects in a variety of different tilesets which have the same problem. So not big deal for me. ;)

Otherwise everything looks ecellent to me! :thumbsup:

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 06:45:44 AM »
I absolutely love your tilesets man
Dare I ask what tileset is next? if any

Offline zanzindorf

• View Profile
    • Zanzindorf.com
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 04:14:51 PM »
Thanks GigaLem! I think I'll probably start working on another level pack next, but I would love to do more tilesets in the future. I've been wanting to make a tileset using graphics from other Psygnosis games, similar to Gronkling's tilesets for Menacing and Shadow of the Beast. I think it'd be fun to have a tileset for Awesome and Agony. Both are really pretty games. However, that's probably a project for a distant day.

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2016, 09:41:23 PM »
I look forward to the AWESOME tileset, been wanting to see a tileset made out of that, as the level is my most favorite special graphics level of Orig Lemmings. :)

Gui55 also made special graphics levels for Agony (as well as Blood Money, Barbarian and BeastIII), which I've converted to NeoLemmix. The Agony one had some sort of sack creature that Gui55 removed (which IMO he didn't really need to), so I'd be happy to see a sack creature trap in the Agony tileset!

By the way, I've just submitted one of my levels using this tileset for Arty's stream which will be tomorrow at 7PM EST. It's not going to be in my upcoming pack. If you'd like, you should submit one of your levels to him as well!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 09:46:37 PM by Wafflem »
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline zanzindorf

• View Profile
    • Zanzindorf.com
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2016, 10:46:48 PM »
Oooo nice! Those look really fancy :thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads up on the livestream. I might put something together real quick. I'll also look forward to seeing Arty play your level :laugh:

Offline zanzindorf

• View Profile
    • Zanzindorf.com
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2017, 09:38:46 PM »
Version 2.1

Nepster converted my set to the new NeoLemmix Format. Thanks Nepster :thumbsup: I added a download link in the top post.