Author Topic: Donations =)  (Read 3239 times)

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
Donations =)
« on: October 02, 2016, 03:45:51 PM »
To say that I really appreciate a lot all the efforts that you -the users- make to mantain the site alive, as well as the several Lemmings reincarnations (NeoLemmix, (Super) Lemmini, Lix, etc), is true, but also is easy and is a cliché.

So I would like to express my gratitude to all of you by means of something more useful and sincere: is there a way (or a future plan) to donate some money via Paypal to support both this website and the Lemmings remakes? :thumbsup:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Donations =)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 04:06:37 PM »
Most (if not all) of the authors of Lemmings remakes do so in their spare time, for their own enjoyment / their own way of contributing to the community. I don't know about any others, but I wouldn't want to receive donations in regards to NeoLemmix.

However, while the site doesn't cost a huge amount, there are costs involved in hosting it, and donations towards that would indeed be appreciated. I'll PM you about this.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 05:35:22 PM »
Money goes best into site hosting, yeah.

The best support is polishing content, or thorough bug reporting. There's always so much work to do. When you see something important that we neglect, work on it or post about it. :lix:

-- Simon

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 04:20:29 AM »
I would happily support a patreon for the site, or something similar

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 04:25:02 AM »
If people might be regularly donating, I can contact the host about setting up a Paypal link to donate directly to the site's account. They don't automatically offer it, but they will approve it on a case-by-case basis.

EDIT: I have sent this request. I will keep you posted on the outcome.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 04:31:32 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 04:43:59 PM »
For any case in the future where someone wishes to make a donation to the site's expenses, you may do so here: https://www.nearlyfreespeech.net/contribute/www.lemmingsforums.net

The "contributor code" exists to reduce the risk of eg. fraudulent donations, or repeated small donations to incur deposit fees, etc. You can get this code from any staff member (or anyone else on the forums who knows it); to the staff members who need help finding it, I've posted it on the staff-only board.

For those who are in the PokerStars club, the contributor code here is the same as the invitation code for that.
My Lemmings projects