Author Topic: No no-effect objects & moving backgrounds in Clear Physics Mode? [SUGG.] [PLAY.]  (Read 1651 times)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Should the Clear Physics Mode be extended so that when you turn it on, all no-effect objects and moving backgrounds disappear as well? This will also help potentially minimize confusion, especially how the Freedom Planet Tilesets and the L3 Egyptian / Shadow tilesets still have no-effect objects as backgrounds, as well as the trees in the L2 Shadow tileset that look like terrain.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
The problem with that is that exits may end up looking weird, due to being half no-effect object... I think though, especially with the long-term plans to merge them anyway, the pros outweigh the cons.

In regards to the Freedom Planet tilesets and L3 Egyptian / Shadow, the problem here is that the author is neglecting to update them, preferring to work on new tilesets instead (and then still targetting the old NeoLemmix version with those). I am not going to make adjustments to NeoLemmix specifically to accomodate people who refuse to upgrade; the only reason the old version should be used anymore is to preserve older content that cannot work on the newer one (packs with ghosts, Cheapo conversions, etc). However, the Shadow set case (and other similar ones, potentially) do a good enough job of justifying this, I think.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 01:03:15 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Made this change for the next update. :)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Quizmaster

• We have asked 100 people...
    • View Profile
Simon replying as quizmaster because foreign computer.

This is a liabilitiy of the split exits. I still recommend a merge in the gfx sets, along with backwards compat hacks.

Re: L3 egy & L3 shadow: How woud you handle sets by authors who left the community altogether? No case yet, therefore no need to consider for this particular change?

-- Simon

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
This is a liabilitiy of the split exits. I still recommend a merge in the gfx sets, along with backwards compat hacks.

This is happening when the new formats are brought in.

Re: L3 egy & L3 shadow: How woud you handle sets by authors who left the community altogether? No case yet, therefore no need to consider for this particular change?

Pretty much; if this did happen, I (and probably others) would be more willing to keep on top of this than in cases where they're still around but make an intentional choice to work with outdated versions.
My Lemmings projects