Author Topic: October 2016 Level Collaboration - Completed! [NeoLemmix]  (Read 8536 times)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
Re: October 2016 Level Collaboration [NeoLemmix]
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2016, 01:42:29 AM »
In case I forget to check, I'd appreciate if whoever's before me in the queue (appears to be Flopsy currently, as long as no one else jumps in) could PM me when it's my turn.

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2016, 11:58:57 AM »
I'm deciding to pass on my turn.

I've been really busy this week and haven't even noticed that mobius had finished his part.
I don't think I'm going to get any less busy anytime soon so I'll pass my turn and let Dullstar go instead.

Sorry about that guys :(

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2016, 02:29:21 PM »
I'll go after Dullstar then. I'll have time to get the level done. I'll probably be the last one to apply the finishing touches to the level, including title and music (unless Dullstar or anyone else wants to do music and title).
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 05:48:42 PM by Wafflem »
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2016, 08:53:07 PM »
I was originally going to only make visual changes, but I modified the solution, mainly because I thought the climbable wall looked weird; so I changed the beginning part of the solution to use a different method of scaling the wall. The second half of the solution is different than Mobius's replay, but still works in that version.

Changelog:

- Minor visual touchup on ropelike honey structure
 - Increased Level Size
 - Replaced rightmost Single-Use Trap with a fall that eventually leads into water (since lemmings would still die if they passed the trap after activation, just from the side of the level instead of the trap)
 - Added a small amount of decoration
 - Replaced climbers with swimmers
 - Introduced crowd control
 - Minor changes to skill quantity to accommodate the change from climbers to swimmers
 - Increased size of the spawning platform to reduce the precision of the crowd control

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2016, 09:05:29 PM »
Thanks! This looks good (though I haven't seen the replay yet)! :thumbsup:

Since I'm the last one who will be doing this, it will take me a while.

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2016, 03:52:22 PM »
Just want to let everyone know that I haven't abandoned this project. I've started working on it, and the final product might look somewhat bigger than expected. I will still aim to keep the spirit of the solution.

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2016, 07:10:42 PM »
Alright. Here is Colonial Collaboration!

This is now in its final state. It is harder, and I've used Dullstar's replay as a guide on how to keep the spirit of the solution.

Changes:
-Added author: Waffbullmobidull
-Added title
-Changed save requirement to 35/40
-Changed release rate to 30
-Added some bees (made sure to not add too many)
-Added new terrain on the left side of the level, moved hatch to that area.
-Modified the portion with the one-way arrow wall by adding water on top. Now you need a swimmer.
-Added some more diagonal honey walls.
-Changed one of the hollow honeycombs into solid honeycomb (at the upper-right portion with all the hollowcombs)
-Modified the right side of the level by adding more honeycombs and single-use traps to adjust to the new solution.
-HOTFIX: removed floating steel hexagon

These are all the changes I can think of. I can't think of any music I want to use, though I'm considering either of the following:
-Emerald Hill 2-Player from Sonic 2
-Isolated Island OC Remix from Knuckles Chaotix
-Classic 3 (PC Version) from Lemmings Chronicles - I'm liking this one the most.
-Any other suggestions are more than welcome! Anyone (even those who have not participated) can suggest!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 08:34:23 PM by Wafflem »

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: October 2016 Level Collaboration - Completed! [NeoLemmix]
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2016, 08:07:30 PM »
Wow great job on this level Wafflem, this is much better than what I could have produced.

Very impressed with the resulting solution. I feel like it's inspired me again :)

Regarding the music, Emerald Hill seemed like the best fit with me.

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2016, 08:35:17 PM »
Thanks, Flopsy!

Also, just made a hotfix to the level that removes a floating steel piece, which can be a cause for a potential backroute. Download in same post.

I'll still have to figure out the music.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2016, 04:00:48 PM »
Nice level, but not too hard. Here my solution saving one lemming more than required.

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2016, 04:10:10 PM »
Thanks!

Sounds like a backroute as you were supposed to save the exact number of lemmings. Will check it out when I can, as I've got some other projects going on ATM.

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2016, 08:40:27 PM »
Okay, I just checked your replay, and it is indeed a backroute (though you got around 60% of the solution). Some of these should be fixed easily. I'll figure it out within the next few days.

In the meanwhile, I've submitted this level to Arty; I'd rather wait until I see how many backroutes this level gets before changing anything.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 09:46:05 PM by Wafflem »