Author Topic: Moving background not moving [BUG] [PLAYER]  (Read 1564 times)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Moving background not moving [BUG] [PLAYER]
« on: September 15, 2016, 03:42:36 PM »
Noticed this while playing Outrageous 12 "Plan Bee".

The top row of bees don't seem to move while the other rows of bees do (as seen in the picture).
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Moving background not moving [BUG] [PLAYER]
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 04:34:02 PM »
I've noticed this a few times; it also affects one of the stars on Star Watch. Haven't looked into it yet.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 01:02:56 PM »
I've asked Nepster to take a look at this one, due to him being more familiar with the code in question (as he rewrote it at some point).

What I have noticed about this issue:

It appears to occur when any of the following is true for the object's initial position:
- X coordinate is -2 or lower
- X coordinate is (level width) + 1 or higher
- Y coordinate is 2 or lower
- Y coordinate is (level height) + 5 or higher

Initial position seems to be the only factor that matters. The direction and speed of movement, and the size of the object, do not. (Tested with most but not all directions, at a few different speeds; and with both moving backgrounds in lpiv_space plus the one in lpv_honeycomb).

An object does not get "stuck" if it later ends up in such a position either. Only the position it starts in matters.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 10:14:03 AM »
Bug is fixed now. The problem was that the trigger area was outside the level and the game automatically flagged such objects as disabled when adding them to the level.