Author Topic: Unreliable search feature  (Read 2591 times)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Unreliable search feature
« on: August 04, 2016, 10:53:32 AM »
So, like I said in this new topic I wanted to look up "Lemmings 2 graphic sets" in the search box but instead of letting me through it shows up an error message, because the 2, the most important 'word' of my search, appears as one character. >:(

May I request that this should be changed so that at least numbers are unaffected whatsoever by this prevention. I can't believe it won't let me search for Lemmings 2 stuff...
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: Unreliable search feature
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 08:19:01 PM »
Put the phrase "Lemmings 2" in quotation marks like I just did in this sentence (you can leave the other words unquoted, put them outside the quotation marks).  You really want to do that even if there's no error message, because otherwise, it just means to search for anything with both "2" and "Lemmings" in it (in any order and not necessarily consecutive), and thus would match a sentence like "With only 2 builders and now requiring all lemmings to be saved, this repeat of the earlier level becomes surprisingly tricky."  You can see now why it's complaining about 2.  Putting phrases in quotes ensure the search is matching the actual phrase, and not just the individual words.