Author Topic: lemforum, D replay collection  (Read 9298 times)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: lemforum, D replay collection, help cover Hopeless!
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2016, 06:05:29 PM »
Here is a version of Trading and Cooperation with a different hatch order, so that I can solve the level. This is mainly meant to have at least some version that certainly works in D-Lix. geoo should have a look and decide what to do with it.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2016, 01:11:27 AM »
One that I'm wondering about is Top Gear (attached).

As I recall, geoo and I talked about it some time ago, and came to agreement that there was another level (I forgot which one) that had a very similar concept but was better in some ways (probably execution-related), so that level was picked over this one for inclusion.  Thus as much as I'd love to have another level of mine included, I don't think it'd be a good choice. ;)  In any case I don't think it'd ranked for Hopeless (though of course there's always the option to insert into a lower ranking and move some other level into Hopeless 1).

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2016, 10:27:02 PM »
The original version of Trading is perfectly solvable. Maybe the level has to be ranked up a bit?

Solutions for those three levels are attached.

If some level need to be replaced, I have one rather hard level that I never released. I think it still needs some backroute checking, but tell me if you're interested.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: lemforum, D replay collection
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2016, 10:48:28 PM »
Quote from: geoo
Solutions for those three levels are attached.

These 3 replays all solve. The entire pack is 100 % covered. I've updated my replay collection in the first post.

Backroute-fixing or execution-easening can break replays again. Let's preserve the perfect coverage by sending proofs of solvability along with every serious change.

About Trading, from IRC:
Simon: geoo, your hatch order is a local optimum? Every hatch is exactly as you want it, or could you make execution easier still?
geoo: hatch order is probably the only one that makes my solution work
geoo: execution is not that bad the way it is I think, once you figure out the moves

-- Simon

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2016, 11:15:57 PM »
New version of Eye of the Needle: Fixed Nepster's backroute.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2016, 04:58:02 PM »
Finally solved the original version of Trading and Cooperation, which turned out to be very similar to my solution with the wrong hatch order. I am not totally happy with the current version, because execution is pretty tough, especially two points:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2016, 11:40:14 PM »
Simon asked me for an up-to-date zip of the lemforum pack, which I've attached. There are two levels for which I don't have up-to-date versions:

Won't Get Fooled Again: I believe lowering the lix count on this level has been suggested, but I don't know the details.
We're in This One Together: I believe redesigning this level has been suggested, but as I haven't solved it, I haven't been following closely.

I've also attached my replay for the current Slipping Again. Let me know if there are any other levels that need new replays.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2016, 02:32:48 AM »
Merged.

-- Simon