Author Topic: Fun with Compression Method 1  (Read 2681 times)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Fun with Compression Method 1
« on: July 05, 2016, 08:41:40 AM »
Hello everyone. This is another one of those Clam-type mathematical kind of threads. Unlike his thread which reveals the whole solution, I'm going to spoiler mine to see if you can figure this one out!

Last year, he focused on "We all fall down". This time, the focus is on one of my favourite Taxing levels, and the sequel to Fun 17's "Easy when you know how", Compression Method 1, because it's my idea of fun watching them get killed, but there's also a factor of how many would be killed depending on the position of the blocker when the lemmings are released.

The big question is, assuming that there's an infinite number of lemmings so that at least one lemming is covering a pixel, and that the blocker is placed on the far right of the brick closest to the steel, and the blocker is turned into a walker* how many lemmings would at most be killed by the four traps?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

*I say walker because what happens if I bomb the blocker? Well, if we try to work it out mathematically, this would probably make the formula
more complicated, because if a lemming is affected by the bomber's mask he would fall, and therefore his distance compared to
the rest of the bunch would change. If the problem was severe enough so that no lemming hits the trigger area by the time the
trap uses its last frame, the probability factor would alternate and I would have no choice but to test the level.

So, I hope all the mathematical formulae and details I've shown are clear. Any questions I'm happy to answer. Thanks for watching!
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3