Author Topic: NepsterLix  (Read 31526 times)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
NepsterLix
« on: June 27, 2016, 07:47:31 PM »
:lix-grin: Welcome to NepsterLix :lix-mystery:

Here are 96 exciting levels waiting for you to solve :lix-cool: or backroute :lix-evil:! The pack already comes with the latest Lix version, so no need to download anything further.

Paradise or Hell?

A Study in Scarlet

On the Toy Ship

A Heart for Lix

A Day in Lixtown

« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 05:45:27 PM by Nepster »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: NepsterLix
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 03:03:38 PM »
Stunning visuals! Compared with Lemmings tilesets, some Lix tiles lack powerful 3D-lighting, yet you have crafted great images with the Lix tiles. Some levels even thrive on the flat design. Study in Scarlet shows masterful tile grouping.

From playing the NL version at Icho's, I know about the quality in the easier half of the pack. These levels are already challenging. I'm looking forward to explore the other levels.

We can include this in the D Lix test versions, or maintain it as a separate download for now. It's your choice.

-- Simon

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 09:51:29 PM »
I had a look at almost all of the levels from Planet and Sun. Each level, I basically played for 10 minutes, and if I didn't make good progress I'd move on to some other one. Exceptions are the last two of Sun and Planet 5, 6 and 10 (either because I'd seen them before or because they looked too daunting).

I think some levels I backrouted pretty badly.
But quite a few I found excellent and great fun. Of the ones I solved Hope and Despair is my favourite one.

I'd like to write a bit more about some levels, but it's pretty late now and I probably won't have much time to play or write anytime soon, so I just want to get out what I have so far. But either way I've had a lot of fun so far and even the ones I haven't solved yet are quite intriguing.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 06:16:25 PM »
Thanks for all the replays. Unfortunately most of them are backroutes, a lot of them introduced by subtle changes in the game mechanics of Lix compared to NeoLemmix and by slight inaccuracies when copying the terrain. In detail:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 04:51:48 PM »
Here is version 1.1 of NepsterLix with all backroutes found by geoo and Simon fixed.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 02:08:45 PM »
Here is version 1.2 with further fixes for backroutes found by Ramon and IchoTolot. Moreover imploder counts were reduced when they could never be part of a solution.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 10:07:30 AM »
Version 1.3 with fixes for backroutes found by Simon.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 06:33:09 PM »
Version 1.4 fixes more backroutes Simon found in the Moon and Sun rank.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 04:01:12 PM »
Version 1.5 fixes some backroutes by geoo and Simon. Some levels in the last two ranks got reordered.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2017, 06:30:05 PM »
And already version 1.6 fixing 14 backroutes that Simon already found a while ago, but only sent to me a few days ago.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2017, 04:35:03 AM »
NepsterLix 1.6 is now part of the main D Lix download. All levels are proven solvable. I'll continue to watch this thread for updates.

-- Simon

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2017, 04:45:54 PM »
See the first post for version 1.7 of NepsterLix. If you are using a lix version of 0.7 or newer, you should update this pack.
Main changes:
- New level "Haunted Walls".
- Moved level "We all fly down" to Outtakes, because the new digger mechanics make the solution very fiddly.
- Moved "Construction Zone" and "Woodworms" a rank down, to make place for the new level.
- References to oriental and occult pieces point to the new piece names (thanks to Simon for fixing that).
- The three levels in the oriental style ("Don't feed the frogs!", "Travelling lix" and "Chinese Lix") are recreated  with the new pieces.
- Backroute fix to "Blockers forever".

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2017, 05:47:08 PM »
I removed the download option of this pack from the first post, as Lix now ships with the latest version of the pack and the version in this thread wasn't up-to-date anyway.

I still greatly appreciate any feedback in this thread, though.

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2017, 01:16:34 AM »
Attached solutions to 19 out of 20 levels of the Moon rank. Most of them are done in 0.9.2 and some in 0.6.x but the ones of 0.6.x attached should work in 0.9.x as well.

It was already very hard for me despite being the first rank.

Some remarks (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 06:34:36 AM by Forestidia86 »

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2017, 07:00:57 PM »
Thanks for the replays. Technically the first rank is the "5-of-all" rank, and at least its first levels are easy intoduction levels. But I agree that the Moon rank is already rather difficult. I am just terrible at creating easy levels. ;)

Remarks on your solutions (click to show/hide)