Author Topic: Singleplayer migration  (Read 10729 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Singleplayer migration
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2016, 03:47:54 PM »
Next version 2016-07-03 17:41:18 of No More Heroes:

More steel in bottom-right-hand corner. Exploder removed. Still 1 batter instead of Steve's 1 blocker.

-- Simon

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2016, 05:27:37 PM »
Replay for Panic Attack, after reducing the lix count to 20/25. I now suggest reducing further to 16/20.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2016, 05:36:22 PM »
My replay for Panic Attack. This replay will solve an adaption that requires 16/20 and is identical otherwise, and would save 17 lix then.

We can look into namida's 2-builder version. That requires nontrivial terrain changes.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 08:52:19 AM by Simon »

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2016, 12:01:31 AM »
Backroute for Rubix's Tick Toxic. This needs fixing before we can keep it at its current Daunting rating.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2016, 04:54:10 PM »
Here's my own remade version of Panic Attack (done from scratch, rather than based off the existing remake). If you ignore the extra 40 pixels each on the top and bottom, it's almost pixel-perfect true to the NL version of the level; though the stats are a tiny bit different (save 20 of 30 rather than 94 of 100; and only two floaters as the third isn't needed due to subtle mechanics differences in Lix). I have confirmed the intended solution to the level works on this version; I have not backroute tested it.

I also fixed up matt/carnival/27a.png a bit, since the graphic looked a bit iffy to me. There is no functional difference between this copy and the existing one; it's purely a graphical change.

This level uses tile grouping, so it's only compatible with LixD.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 06:25:21 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2016, 08:20:25 PM »
Daunting 20 "Slipping"

I've made a slight change to this level, so as to include a certain trick in the solution. Please test for backroutes :lix-evil:

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2016, 09:31:08 PM »
Replay for Daunting 25 "Cornerstone". Annoyingly precise timing, saves 3 bashers. Intended?

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2016, 09:43:41 PM »
Attachment has a solvable Over the Hump, and a proof of solvability.

The hump was unclimbable due to terrain rotation off by 1 pixel. I didn't touch anything but some terrain -- lix count and skillset are as before. The ground platform is slightly longer, so that the level is precision-tolerant even at fixed spawn interval (FSI).

-- Simon

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2016, 12:11:11 AM »
So here are my Daunting replays.

Omitted: 9 "Passing Engagement" (impossible with 20 lix, I've recommended reducing to 10), 30 "Buy One Get One Free (part 2)", 32 "Alien Invasion", 33 "The Ring of Fnargl" (not yet solved).

I've included replays for the original Slipping and my proposed variant; also a no-floater replay for Slipping Again, and the backroute with the floater.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2016, 04:02:54 PM »
Could it be? The infamous Buridan's Lix, finally de-backrouted without a time limit?

The left route now has the exit raised onto a platform, requiring one more builder.

The right route now has an extra platform, requiring one more digger.

Which one will you choose?

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2016, 02:50:38 AM »
geoo has popped into IRC after his trip to Tanzania. That's good timing.

Plan for the next few days: I want to gather Proxima's proposals to the community pack, and release again. My replay repository on github is out of date, I have to put in Proxima's replays. Reasoning: This makes it easiest for geoo to review all changes. We can still revert afterwards.

Lix will get the --coverage switch in that release. Combined with --verify, --coverage lists levels without at least 1 working replay, as long as the levels reside in a directory from which you have tested at least 1 level. Reasoning: When we have more than 1 replay per level, we don't care anymore about any single replay in particular; we want to cover every level by at least 1 working replay.

geoo manages levels and replays on github. We should decide how to merge. Big singularity commit, then revert single files when geoo doesn't agree with a particular change? Or leave geoo's repository alone until we have 100 % D Lix solvability coverage, because it's in good shape for C++ Lix?

-- Simon
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 02:57:18 AM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2016, 01:08:20 PM »
Daunting 20 "Slipping"
Please test for backroutes :lix-evil:

Here you go. Slipping feels intended, Slipping Again looks like backroute.

-- Simon

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2016, 04:52:44 PM »
Passing Engagement without steel, only 2 builders, timing is easier.

-- Simon

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2016, 04:54:48 PM »
Slipping: more fire :lix-cool:
Slipping Again: moved decorative steel into corners, added sawblade to prevent a route using it

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2016, 06:38:26 PM »
Solved the two version of Slipping.

As for Cornerstone, this is the solution Nepster found. It's much more fiddly than my intended solution, and I didn't see a simple way to remove it so I left it in. The intended solution doesn't rely on precise timing. It has two extra bashers that were useful back when the basher removed terrain from top to bottom (to ease execution), but I don't think they are needed anymore now (same applies to the Mon0lith, actually).