Author Topic: D Lix 0.6.19, the big picture  (Read 15160 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: D Lix 0.6.3, the big picture
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2016, 07:40:29 AM »
0.6.3 uploaded.
  • Fix #97: The game advances physics on assignment and unpauses on nuking.
  • Fix #96: The file picker shows 20 files instead of 19.
  • Breadcrumbs are wider and less tall. This is an intermediate solution: I'd like to choose their width according to their text.
  • Title bar exists still. I don't display the current directory in the browser's title bar anymore, because the breadcrumbs give exactly the same info.
  • The preview draws a dark border around the level instead of the menu color. Level name appears below preview.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 02:15:35 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: D Lix 0.6.4, the big picture
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2016, 02:14:57 PM »
0.6.4 uploaded.
  • New user option to unpause on skill assignments.
  • Fix #106: With mixed dirs and files, picker couldn't scroll to the last file.
  • Fix #107: Prefer queuing builders to spamming, then you couldn't queue at all.
  • Editor increases the level's $BUILT when saving a changed level. When you earn a checkmark on a level, then edit that level, the checkmark turns into "?!" until you win the level again.
  • Tutorial levels are solvable again, and you can't die in them as easily.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 08:09:07 AM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: D Lix 0.6.5, the big picture
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2016, 08:04:33 AM »
0.6.5 uploaded.
  • Fix #108: Adventure Playground displays again in the preview and is playable.
  • Fix #103: When you re-enter the window, the ingame mouse starts moving from where the hardware mouse entered the window.
  • The replay browser has two start buttons: One replays against the included level, one against the pointed-to level.
  • Updated the lemforum community pack to geoo89/lixlfpack commit 2a91852. This reorders some levels. Entire replacements:
    Out: Three Days of the Condor, Absolute Zero
    In: Lixes in Motion, Eye of the Needle
  • The lemforum pack got fewer initial lix in the lower three ratings Simple, Quirky, Cunning. Proxima has played all these levels, tested for solvability under a fixed spawn interval, and recommended lower initial lix counts that keep the level idea fully intact. Thanks!
Statistics about the last bullet point: We have removed about 2,000 lix from 120 levels. Most levels had reductions à la 39/40 -> 29/30 to shorten the wait at the end. Proxima's Box Set enjoyed 360/400 -> 60/80, this accounts for a sixth of the removed lix. When in doubt, we didn't touch the number of initial lix: Ramen Masterchef and The Pit.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 12:36:55 AM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: D Lix 0.6.6, the big picture
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2016, 12:46:17 AM »
0.6.6 uploaded.

The lemforum community pack has Proxima's suggestions up to 2016-07-17. Several levels have moved between ranks. Some have been replaced entirely:
  • Out: Minimalism (Part 1), Fear of Heights, That Pesky Gap, Don't Look Back, Too Far to Walk
  • In: A Necklace of Raindrops, The Road Not Taken, All Around the World, Diggin' the Air, A Soulful Bounding Leap
Use the --coverage switch along with --verify to compute level directory coverage. From all levels that reside in level directories from where you have tested at least one pointed-to level of a replay with --verify, --coverage lists those levels that didn't enjoy even a single solution. Please read levmaint.txt for detailed instructions. Example command line:
lix --verify=replays/path/to/dir --coverage
I have used --coverage to guarantee that the ranks Simple, Quirky, Cunning of the lemforum community pack are solvable.

Fix #113: Shorter key names with unicode symbols. In particular, keys on the numeric pad have a nice symbol that looks like the keypad.

Fix #120: Topology updates correct equation, not only the horizontal equation.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 02:12:21 AM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: D Lix 0.6.8, the big picture
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2016, 03:07:40 AM »
0.6.8 uploaded.
  • Any Way You Want, The Road Goes Ever On, Just Stop the Bleeding: decoration updated, the tree at the left-hand side.
  • Fix #125: Save sound not as loud: disksave.ogg 0 dBFS -> -4.5 dBFS.

0.6.7 was only 1 hour earlier than 0.6.8. Version 0.6.7 brought more important changes:

The lemforum pack's first 5 ranks are guaranteed to be solvable. geoo has handed maintenance of the lemforum pack over to Proxima. Proxima has spent days on careful level adaption to D Lix and difficulty reordering.
  • Out: Get Down From There, Minimalism Part 3.
  • In: Don't Look Back (jagged floor instead of a time-limit gadget), Canadian Glade (inspired by Get Down From There, uses the forest tileset).
When you update from an earlier version of D Lix, delete your old directory levels/lemforum/ before extracting this over your old game.

Bug fixes:
  • Fix #123: Play warning sound when too few lixes alive. Rubix might design a better sound later. :lix-wink:
  • Fix #111: Initial zoom on torus maps was too zoomed in.
  • Fix #112: Hotkey labels ran over nearby buttons.
  • Fix #118: When Lix wasn't the foreground window, it trapped the mouse nonetheless when the cursor passed over the inactive window. Now, you must click into the window to trap the mouse. This fix made visible another bug: In the inactive Lix, the ingame cursor moves offset from the hardware cursor.
  • Worked on #124: I don't add 0x0 as a fullscreen mode anymore.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 07:38:44 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: D Lix 0.6.9, the big picture
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2016, 01:48:09 PM »
0.6.9 uploaded.
  • lemforum pack updated by Proxima, first 5 ranks solvable.
  • Option: Do fast mouse movements untrap the mouse from windowed Lix?
Flopsy shall uncheck this option when he records.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 07:38:18 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: D Lix 0.6.10, the big picture
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2016, 07:40:14 PM »
0.6.10 uploaded.
  • All 240 levels in the lemforum pack are solvable!
  • Fix #116: Editor shows the top-left point of a multiple selection, the minimal coordinate each in both the x- and y-direction.
  • Fix #130: After state-loading a different timeline, framestepping moved back to the undesired timeline.
  • Fix #91: Editor buttons are disabled when dragging.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 02:34:06 AM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: D Lix 0.6.11, the big picture
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2016, 02:40:53 AM »
0.6.11 uploaded.
  • lemforum pack: Updates by Proxima, geoo, Nepster. Fewer lix in Hopeless. geoo has rebuilt Spin Geometry with completely new terrain, and renamed it to All Aboard the Pain Train. Off the Rails is now Railroad Plot, and Derailed Level got a derailing locomotive as decoration.
  • Fix #117: Name-asking menu for new players exits with plain Esc. I don't display anything for this.
  • Fix #131 and #111: Simpler starting zoom. Depending on your game resolution, either all levels start as 1x or all levels start as 2x. Test and see if you like the zoom for your resolution.
  • Fix #122: When you continue from a saved replay, then win, or save manually, the new replay goes into the correct directory and points to the correct level file.
  • Fix #133: The singleplayer menu shows the player's best score: Lix saved and skills used.
  • Fix #138: Editor hotkeys work even while you're dragging. The buttons on screen are disabled for the mouse during drag.
  • Fix #127: I hide dot-files, like .git, in level directories.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 05:05:15 AM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: D Lix 0.6.12, the big picture
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2016, 05:13:27 AM »
0.6.12 uploaded.

IchoTolot was here, we had a hack night. Icho worked on levels and the Dune tileset, I fixed Lix bugs. Bug #134, editor's rotate moves tiles unwanted, was a whopper. This bug took 3 hours with Icho, then another 3 after midnight.
  • Fix #134: Select multiple tiles in the editor and press rotate. The tiles rotate correctly with respect to each other. Rotating 4 times puts them back exactly where they started, they don't wander. This works even if oddly-sized tiles or unrotatable gadgets are in the selection.
  • Fix #139: The browsers for hatches, goals, decoration, and hazards display all tiles in the images/ tree in one listing.
  • Fix #140: The terrain browser starts browsing from the directory of the tile you have selected at the moment. If you haven't selected anything, they start from the directory from which you've most recently added a tile.
  • Fix #143: The file selector scrolls to the final row, even if it's less than half-filled. Before, the scrollbar looked like there were more files, but didn't make the tiler display these extra files.
  • Swapped author and level title in the editor's constant-setting window.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 10:19:24 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: D Lix 0.6.13, the big picture
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2016, 10:21:34 PM »
0.6.13 uploaded.
  • Lemforum levels got updates from August 2016. I deleted the tutorial levels: The lemforum pack is our flagship pack and starts with very easy levels. Other packs need not provide tutorial levels.
  • Fix #148: When you fail a singleplayer level, the game halts and allows you to go back in time. It doesn't spawn a dialog box anymore. Problem: Now you need a hotkey to exit the level. :-/ Nuke on a losing attempt doesn't spawn a dialog either. I should revert this, or redesign.
  • Fix #144: In the editor, when you mirrored a piece with transparent pixels at its sides, the piece moved. Entire selections diverged on repeated mirroring.
  • Fix #84 and #90: The options menu explains its options, except on the editor tab. The box near the menu's bottom provides two lines of explanation.
  • Fix #142: There is a virtual file system. It recognizes ./ and ../ now. Other directories, in particular installations in Linux File System Hierarchy trees, aren't supported yet, but the necessary changes have become easy.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 12:55:52 AM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: D Lix 0.6.15, the big picture
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2016, 12:55:01 AM »
0.6.15 uploaded.
  • Started networking backend, lobby, and console. You can log onto the central server and chat. Nothing else to see yet.
  • Fix #151: When there is no savestate, the state-load button is hidden.
  • Fix #149: Singleplayer always displays a dialog at end of play again, so you can control the entire application with the mouse alone. You can framestep back from this dialog.
  • Fast movement frees mouse: This option is off by default.
I plan to remove all no-effect decoration. I want to make terrain or traps from them, or, for exit decoration, merge them into the exits. I'm thinking about how to handle existing levels, and whether to write a hack for autoreplacement.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 12:30:58 AM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2016, 09:25:28 AM »

Better than the dynamite on top of the exit? Worse? I want to get rid of the exit top, and with an acceptable alternative, I don't have to shift the tile in the levels.

-- Simon

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: D Lix 0.6.16, the big picture
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2016, 12:30:44 AM »
0.6.16 uploaded.
  • Fix #152: The singleplayer browser has a button to create a new level. This button is always visible, whether a level is selected or not.
  • Fixed smearing FPS text in the editor.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 12:42:12 PM by Simon »

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2016, 02:23:37 AM »

Better than the dynamite on top of the exit? Worse? I want to get rid of the exit top, and with an acceptable alternative, I don't have to shift the tile in the levels.

-- Simon

Ehh! This looks really good. I feel like maybe there should be transparency inside the cage, so that the glowy part doesn't look like it fills the cage? Or is that what you're going for?

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: D Lix 0.6.16, the big picture
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2016, 12:27:55 PM »
Thanks! I'd like this to be a caged lamp, not a wisp. I made the bulb large, without transparency, only subtle flickering, because such a bulb wouldn't flicker in real life. And it was easier to animate. I'm not sure whether I should exaggerate the bulb.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 12:35:15 PM by Simon »