Author Topic: Backwards frameskip eats replay, C++ 2016-01-09  (Read 1857 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Backwards frameskip eats replay, C++ 2016-01-09
« on: April 14, 2016, 05:26:03 AM »
C++/A4 stable 2016-01-09.

I cannot repro this:

1. If you use backwards frameksip one frame at a time, it erases any actions you've made once you go past them. On the other hand, if you were to go back one second, any actions that happen during that second are not erased.

I've attempted this repro that doesn't work:
  • Linux, map back-one-frame to [2], map ahead-one-frame to [3]
  • Assign stuff in frame B
  • Go back from frame C > B to frame A < B by pressing [2] several times. This activates pause.
  • Go back from frame A < B to frame C' > B by pressing [3] several times. The assignment is replayed as I expect.
If I hold [2], [3] instead of tapping them repeatedly, or LMB on the panel buttons instead of tapping [2] and [3], I get the same expected result.

namida: How do you trigger the bug?

-- Simon

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Backwards frameskip eats replay, C++ 2016-01-09
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 06:38:21 AM »
Could it be related to me having the hotkey for backwards skip also assigned to a skill selection? Although I'd think not as skill selection is independant from replay in Lix...

EDIT: Tried reconfiguring the keys so that B was exclusively assigned to back one frame. The bug no longer occurs. Changed it back so that B was also a skill selection hotkey. The bug occurs once again.

Whether or not the skill is actually in the level's skillset does not appear to make a difference.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 09:13:05 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Backwards frameskip eats replay, C++ 2016-01-09
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 09:25:11 AM »
Awesome, thanks for clarifying.

I want to support multiple binds of the same key wherever appropriate. I will retry this bug later at home.

The options menu should allow, but warn about same key bound to different functions. Excellent feature request for D Lix. I'm undecided about binding multiple keys to the same function. People love it for pause. MMB and RMB should be rebindable like keyboard keys.

-- Simon