Author Topic: Lemmings Amiga Hard Drive Install Disks or Files  (Read 7029 times)

Offline manic23

• View Profile
Lemmings Amiga Hard Drive Install Disks or Files
« on: April 18, 2016, 12:26:27 PM »
I wonder if you can help, Over on Lemmings Universe (assumed abandoned?) they seem to have had a file or ADF disk that would allow Amiga HD install of Lemmings. I know that we have WHDLoad now, but I was just interested to see if anyone has these disks or files? They are no longer available on that site.

The link is http://www.lemmingsuniverse.net/downloads.html#tech

Thanks in advance.

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings Amiga Hard Drive Install Disks or Files
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 06:28:27 PM »
I have these .ipf files, I also have some .adf files if these don't work.

Offline manic23

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 07:09:48 PM »
I have these .ipf files, I also have some .adf files if these don't work.

Very many thanks Gronkling, I will try them and let you know :)

Edit: I appreciate your help but these are simply the game files, not a means of installing the game to the hard drive.

Offline Leo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 02:31:35 AM »
I can't find any proof about existence of these installers. However, it is possible to play CDTV and CD32 versions from the hard disk.

Offline manic23

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 07:16:42 AM »
I can't find any proof about existence of these installers. However, it is possible to play CDTV and CD32 versions from the hard disk.

Really? Ah, I was not aware of that thanks. Do I just copy the files from the CD to the Amiga HD?

Offline Leo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 12:48:12 AM »
I don't know how much help you need. I don't want to bother you with a trivial things, but a few Assigns are needed.
Assuming all is copied in the LemmingsCD32/ directory on the dh0: disk (and assuming directories are named the same as in my copy of the game) you can make a batch file with the following content:

assign LemSamples: dh0:LemmingsCD32/LemSamples
assign LemMusic: dh0:LemmingsCD32/LemMusic
assign LemGraphics: dh0:LemmingsCD32/LemGraphics
assign LemLevels: dh0:LemmingsCD32/LemLevels
assign LemMisc1: dh0:LemmingsCD32/LemMisc1
assign LemMisc2: dh0:LemmingsCD32/LemMisc2
Lemmings

If you need any further help I will look closely to be sure how exactly this can be done, because I have become little 'rusty' in these Amiga 'things'.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 03:35:52 AM by Leo »

Offline Leo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 02:14:27 AM »
I must correct myself. I was able to find these installers.
Here they are in the attachments.

Offline manic23

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 09:32:43 PM »
Sorry for the late reply, thank you so much Leo for posting those HD files very nice of you and it is greatly appreciated. I will have a go over the weekend and report back.

Offline Leo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2016, 04:12:25 AM »
Here is one more version of the Lemmings HD installer in the attachment. This version is chronologically between two version previously uploaded. Just in case.
I don't see much people are interested in this here, but let me, anyway, report about my experience with these installations.
I was successful in installing 'Lemmings' and 'ONMLemmings' on the hard disk. It's not just a trick with images of the floppy disks on the HD. Files are really extracted from the disks.
It's "sort of working". Games to easily freezes. I wasn't able to finish Fun/Tame rating without lock up (I've tried several times). As I was done all this (installation and playing) on the PC with WinUAE, I can't say it's not just emulator's fault, but somehow, I have a feeling these HD installs are far from perfect.

Offline manic23

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2016, 11:38:59 PM »
Thanks for that once again Leo, maybe I'd better just stick to WHDLoad then, but good to get your feedback. Very helpful.