Author Topic: NepsterLems  (Read 3507 times)

Offline Frakkur

• View Profile
NepsterLems
« on: April 14, 2016, 03:30:23 PM »
I wish I'd discovered NeoLemmix long ago.

My admiration for the programmers knows no bounds - hours and hours of entertaining, problem solving gameplay!

I go between packs and recently started NepsterLems.

I cannot think of how to solve level 4 Stopping Stones.

Is there a walkthrough anywhere?  Advice?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NepsterLems
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 03:32:58 PM »
I don't believe there's any form of solution guide (be it a walkthrough, a publicly-released set of official replays, or Lets Plays) for NepsterLems yet. I think IchoTolot uploaded his solution replays in the NepsterLems topic, though.

Rather than look up a solution to the level, have you considered skipping it for now and coming back to it later? You can navigate between levels by pressing Left and Right on the preview screen. Not all packs allow you to access a level without completing the previous one, but most packs (including NepsterLems, I believe) do.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 03:43:21 PM »
All levels on Nepsterlems are possible, however I would rank it as the hardest pack out there so far by quite a way! I would recommend skipping the level for now, or just thinking of new methods that could be used to pass the stones. Walkthroughs etc. spoil the point of the game and you'll regret not solving them yourself later!

Offline Frakkur

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 03:54:00 PM »
Thanks namida

I've been playing each pack until I'm stuck then I move to another.

I didn't know about the level navigation and that's what I'll do for now.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 04:16:13 PM »
I would 100% not count my replays as a walkthrough currently!

They are more a feedback for Nepster so he can make changes that are based on them...mainly Backroute fixing.

As you can see in the topic the newest version makes quite a bunch of my replays invalid.

I will try to solve the levels again when I have the time and then also upload them so that Nepster can see if everything is in order now.
If that is the case some day then it might be a walkthrough :)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 04:57:24 PM »
First of all: Thanks for the interest in my level pack! And don't get too frustrated, if you have trouble solving many of the levels - for some of them I doubt I could have solved them myself, had someone else created them.

Regarding a walkthrough: I plan to upload the intended as well as interesting alternative solutions at some point. Bt you will have to wait for the next big NeoLemmix update with the physics changes for that. The reason is, that I don't want to have two versions of intended solutions floating around and people get annoyed because they use the wrong NeoLemmix version and some replays don't solve the level.

Apart from that I can only stress Gronkling's point: Don't look at any solution now, but come back to NepsterLems in a few months and see how many more you can solve then. At least for me, nothing is more rewarding than finally being able to solve a level, that had stumped me the first time I tried it.