Author Topic: Gronkling's Tilesets  (Read 44889 times)

Offline Pieuw

• View Profile
Re: Gronkling's Tilesets
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2016, 10:36:14 AM »
These look awesome Gronkling! You never cease to impress :thumbsup:

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2016, 06:19:40 PM »
Woah, wow, this is some really fantastic work. The new traps are really fabulous; your fluid animation of the weasel snatching the lemming away actually made me gasp.

Your constrained palette choice is a good choice. The aqua highlights complement the earthy tiles nicely.

I want that chemical plant set in Lix, so I can play around with it! The resolution wouldn't fit quite right though. :/

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2016, 08:29:21 PM »
Wow! While I'm not a fan of the horror tilesets and probably won't use the first two, I got to say all three look amazing! It looks great, pretty much flawless from what I've seen.
The animations are really smooth too, great job!
Oh, and one more thing: I'm really impressed with how much the third one feels like Lemmings. I've seen many great tilesets, but most have something that makes it feel like it doesn't go with the original tilesets very well. That's why I like to use the Lemmings Plus tilesets: to me, they fit in better than most others. This one, though: incredible! It really looks like something you'd see in the original Lemmings games, it fits the atmosphere and style so well!

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2016, 02:00:36 PM »
Ok, as these tilesets seem finished now without major updates that shake up existing stuff -----> time to create some serious stuff with them 8-)

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2016, 12:40:06 AM »
New original tileset! This one's a castle with SLIME :8:()[: :8:()[:

Tileset attached to this post and the original as usual.

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2016, 01:21:25 AM »
Small update to Cyber tileset, added a distinct trap (because I needed one in a level I was making). Also removed the secret level trigger. Tile order hasn't been changed at all so will be completely backwards compatible!

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2016, 06:02:13 PM »
New original tileset! This one's a castle with SLIME :8:()[: :8:()[:

Tileset attached to this post and the original as usual.
:o That looks so great!!

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2016, 10:32:31 PM »
Those do look very nice indeed. :thumbsup:

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2016, 05:51:05 PM »
May I request a slight change to the one-way arrows of the Slime Castle tileset: Move the middle row of arrows two pixels to the right.
Reason: Currently the middle row is 4 pixels right of the upper row and 8 pixels left of the lower row. This still allows for horizontally overlapping one-way pieces. However only a very small vertical overlap is possible! But changing this to a constant shift of 6 pixels per row would give much more flexibility in this regard.

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2017, 06:27:50 PM »
Just want to let you know that you may want to post an updated version of your Cyber tileset in the NeoLemmix auto-downloadable submissions topic. When I downloaded the Cyber tileset from the NeoLemmix auto-downloadbles, it gave me a version that still has the secret level trigger instead of the triggered trap.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2017, 12:55:42 PM »
I updated all my styles on this page, so they should be fully compatible with new neolemmix versions. The trap in Cyber should work now. Also I made the trap and steel in Slime more visible.

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2017, 06:49:16 AM »
Is it alright if i can critique Minimal here?

anyway

+
Very polished for being a simple set.
The part pieces make it very fun to use. Its like building a tileset within the editor

-
Needs a few objects, Mainly Pickup skills, OWA Down, and at least one trap, and yes i know, mixing tilesets is a thing but I don't want to do it if im making a level pack where i have tileset i only use as a means for a missing object.

Otherwise, Fantastic set

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2017, 06:57:03 AM »
Needs a few objects, Mainly Pickup skills, OWA Down, and at least one trap, and yes i know, mixing tilesets is a thing but I don't want to do it if im making a level pack where i have tileset i only use as a means for a missing object.

Then use these objects from one of the many sets that is included with NeoLemmix. Then you don't have to include it.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2017, 12:25:20 PM »
Here you go Giga Lemming :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 03:17:48 PM by Gronkling »

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2017, 03:59:20 AM »
Here you go Giga Lemming :laugh:

Ah thank you

Edit:That's weird I got the update but nothing was changed Unless this was on then again, I dunno