Author Topic: Update database Lemmix levels to NeoLemmix?  (Read 25839 times)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: Update database Lemmix levels to NeoLemmix?
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2016, 09:17:18 AM »
I did some more work on updating levels and more questions appeared:
1) Level 10 in joem3.dat by Joe Sentinel seems impossible to me. My best solution is still 6 lemmings short of the save requirement. Does anyone have a solution to this level? The NeoLemmix conversion (with slightly different trigger areas!) is attached.

2) Some of the other levels by Joe Sentinel seem to use a non-standard style. They are level 9 in joem5.dat, level 6 in joem6.dat, levels 4, 7 and 9 in joem 9.dat. I already tried all L1, ONML and Holiday styles without success.

3) Does anyone have (intended) solutions to the two level packs by siergiej?

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2016, 05:14:13 PM »
In addition to Lemmini/Lemmix conversions, these two Amiga packs need to be updated as well:

Gaston Splatt's New Years's Lemmings 1991/1992

Psygore's Holiday Lemmings 1994

YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2016, 05:26:54 PM »
Regarding the minimac94 levels you updated, Minim made some Lemmix packs in addition:

Holiday Lemmings 1995
Reverse Level Packs
The brick set level pack

How you'll approach this one is up to you. Should you create separate NXPs for each one?

For the brick level pack, this one was designed as a way to replace all non-brick levels in Oh No! More Lemmings!. Should you make an ONML NXP with this approach? It should also be noted that some of the brick levels appeared in the minimac94 levels packs as well.

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2016, 05:46:07 PM »
First of all: I had completely forgotten that minimac94 is Minim :-[. So I will probably have to go through the levels again to update the name.

Regarding Minim's other Lemmix packs: I would let Minim decide, what should be done with these packs.

Regarding the Amiga packs: I am not sure how I can extract the single levels from these level packs. If I really have a lot of time at hand and don't know what to do with it, I might recreate the interesting levels by hand.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2016, 06:37:51 PM »
Regarding the Amiga packs: I am not sure how I can extract the single levels from these level packs. If I really have a lot of time at hand and don't know what to do with it, I might recreate the interesting levels by hand.

IIRC, ccexplore made a tool to decompress levels from Amiga versions - I wouldn't know where to find it, but maybe if you drop him a PM (or if he sees this topic) he can help. Once decompressed, the level format is identical to the DOS version. Alternatively, the level data can probably be extracted from memory while the game is running.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2016, 04:51:27 PM »
In addition to ssam1221's lemmings pack, he also published two other DOS packs under the name KillerMaster.

http://ssam1221.tistory.com/entry/ssam1221s-Lemmings (click on ssam1221Lemmings.zip to download)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2016, 05:34:16 PM »
Thanks for this info. ssam1221Lemmings.zip contains almost the same levels as the big level pack (only packed into .dat, instead of single .lvl). I found only three new levels in there.

...he also published two other DOS packs under the name KillerMaster.
I see ssam1221Lemmings.zip and LemmixPlayer_ssam1221.zip (which I already converted to produce the updated NeoLemmix pack). You talk about a third pack. Which one do you talk about?

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2016, 05:37:30 PM »
I haven't looked much into these files yet, but these are the two KillerMaster packs:

KillerMaster Ver. 1: https://www.youtube.com/user/ssam1221/playlists?sort=dd&shelf_id=3&view=50
KillerMaster Ver. 2: https://www.youtube.com/user/ssam1221/playlists?sort=dd&shelf_id=4&view=50

Hmm, I thought those two packs were in the download link.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 05:42:47 PM by DynaLem »

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2016, 05:42:34 PM »
Ah, I see now. I just looked at the dat files of "Ver 3", because I thought the other directories only contain older versions of the same level pack. But instead "Ver 1" and "Ver 2" have completely different levels :lem-shocked:.

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2016, 06:28:43 PM »
Johannes once worked on an Android game called Droidlings, which was canceled. The levels he/she made work on Lemmix and NeoLemmix.

I'll work on converting these ones. namida already told me that Johannes gave me permission to use the Droidlings styles for NeoLemmix.

Main Topic
Graphic Sets (and the individual levels released)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2016, 12:27:21 AM »
Found three individual levels by authors no longer in the forums.

2112's Rhythm of Lem
Dehodson's Pillars of Character
Tumble Weed's G3K; the level was meant as a tribute to G3K himself.

I have uploaded all of these levels into the Mindless Level Database, and I converted them to NeoLemmix. Nepster found a solution for the G3K level. I will have Nepster upload the NeoLemmix versions once I finish the Tumble Weed packs.

As exit has not really been around the forums these days, I will be converting cLemmings, but I'm not sure about converting the rest of the cLemmings series yet.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 01:15:42 AM by Wafflem »

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2016, 05:18:47 AM »
​Found LOADS more levels:

The Great Migration '06 by Chmera. Converted and sent to Nepster.
Temple of Return by Luis. Converted and sent to Nepster.
A Giant Leap for Lemkind by ccexplore (this one cannot be ported to NeoLemmix due to the sliding glitch).

Some more levels by unknown authors were found; what I'm thinking is that for Unknown's NXP (the one with beta.dat), we should change that to an NXP with all levels whose authors are not known. I will be taking care of converting these levels. Does anyone know the authors of these levels (along with beta.dat)?
fullglitch.dat (this one cannot be ported to NeoLemmix due to multiple glitch usages).
Loop de Loop
and '90s for all!
The Sword

Some are for Nepster to add to the existing NXPs:
Ben Conway's Dragonslover level.
Insane Steve's "Bipolar Maniac" (this level is "The Top Shelf" in Armageddon 16 of Revenge of the Lemmings, but with a modified skillset).
Leviathan's Highway levels
Lemmings on the Bridge by Andi. Actually, despite Andi's name being on the level, I'm not even sure if Andi himself did this level, or if an unknown person created this level as a tribute to Andi. This DAT file was called andi.dat, which I've renamed to andi2.dat since one with a name like that already exists in Andi's NXP. What do you think I should do with this one?
Can you save them? No. by MCMarshy
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 05:56:36 AM by Wafflem »

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2016, 04:51:57 PM »
I moved this topic to "In Development" since this is more of a project on converting Lemmix packs to NeoLemmix than discussing level design as a general concept.

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2017, 05:47:48 PM »
I didn't know where to put this: did any of you already know of these Custom Lemmings levels?

http://www.darktreemedia.com/lemmings/

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2017, 05:52:11 PM »
Thanks, but yes, I already have these levels as Lemmix levels. They have yet to be converted to NeoLemmix though.