Author Topic: Experimental Releases  (Read 27783 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Experimental Releases
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2017, 09:11:26 AM »
Experimental Player V10.12.15:CB40193.

http://new.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=21

The "Use Full Screen Area" option is now gone. This option is now treated as always on.
When in windowed mode, the window can now be manually resized. This will not affect the zoom setting while in-game, but rather, if the window is enlarged, a larger portion of the level (if applicable) will be shown. The window size cannot be reduced below 320x200 x (zoom setting), but it does not have to remain proportional.
Likewise, in full screen mode, the region that would simply be black borders in the current version will be used to show more of the level if possible.

If you have any suggestions for improving this, please post in this topic: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=3137.0

EDIT: Replaced the DropBox download link with a more-standard one.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 04:28:16 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2017, 01:18:45 PM »
Experimental Player V10.12.15:A48D1BE.

http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=74

The only change is that the "minimap scroll into oblivion" bug is fixed. The minimap is no more accurate than before, it just doesn't let you scroll outside the level boundaries.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2017, 12:13:36 PM »
Experimental Player V10.12.15:56A6E5D.

http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=75

Still no improvements to the minimap, but a lot of improvements elsewhere!
> In-game, when the level does not use up the full height of the screen, the gameplay (including skill panel) is vertically centered rather than being anchored to the bottom of the screen.
> Fullscreen and Zoom are now seperate options, so you can play in fullscreen with a zoom less than "maximum that fits on your screen" if you want (in order to see more of the level at once).
> You can now use the mouse wheel (as in scrolling it up or down) as hotkeys.
> You can now zoom in and out during gameplay. By default, this function is mapped to the mouse wheel, but you can reconfigure it in the hotkeys menu.
> Switching between windowed and fullscreen no longer requires restarting NeoLemmix.
> Fixed a bug where a little bit at the bottom and right of the screen was cut off in menu screens when in windowed mode.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2017, 03:59:56 PM »
Experimental Player V10.12.15:4E1F70E.

http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=76

The minimap improvements are finally here. It's not optimal, but it's probably about as good as we're going to get without either drastic rewriting of the minimap (such as perhaps dynamic scaling like on the preview screen) or making the minimap region taller. Certianly, it works with the larger screen area much better than "keep using the old minimap code" does. :P

...not that a drastic overhaul of the minimap would be a bad idea, but that's probably going to require an overhaul of the skill / info panel as a whole in order to be practical.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 04:08:57 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2017, 10:50:50 AM »
Experimental Player V10.13.16:A4D0C6E.

http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=84

Core Changes
> Fencers will terminate after applying terrain removal if they aren't going to move upwards at least one pixel during their next two cycles; this check is not performed on the first cycle.
> Some fixes to the Bubble tileset.
> Slight change to Basher behaviour in a very specific set of circumstances, see this post for details.
> Should now be compatible with all PNG files that have transparency, rather than only 32-bit ones.

Features Changes
> Improved accuracy for Basher, Fencer and Miner shadows
> Blocker trigger areas are now shown in Clear Physics Mode
> The physics position of the selected lemming is now shown in Clear Physics Mode
> Custom postview screen jingles are now possible, by naming them "success" / "failure" respectively and including them as custom data files
> The user can now override the normal postview jingles with their own ones by placing files in a valid format named "success" / "failure" in the "music" folder
> Fixed the bug where the wrong cursor graphic would sometimes be displayed, especially while paused
> Fixed the bug which prevented saving images during gameplay
> Fixed the bug where Zombie levels always gave an "Undetermined" result on the mass replay tester
My Lemmings projects

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2017, 09:09:43 PM »
Found a visual bug for Zombies that are walking into a trap.

Was testing Omega II and a Zombie walked into a bee trap (Fluffy 13). Upon activation the face + arms + legs of the Zombie were not drawn in the first few frames of the trap animation. Body + hair was drawn. Don't know if this bug is global for all traps, but should be worth checking out ;)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2017, 04:57:14 AM »
Uploaded Player V10.13.16:f176ee2: http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=85
Uploaded Flexi Toolkit V10.13.15:bf5ef25: http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=86

These are related updates, because they introduce some new integration between each other (aside from just "Flexi marks the pack as V10.13.XX compatible"): In the player, if you run a mass replay check on a Flexi replays folder, it will update the data as to which replays pass and fail so you don't have to manually set it in Flexi.

But why stop half way? Flexi now has an option to run this mass test directly. Requires a compatible copy (such as this one) of NeoLemmix, of course. :)

For the more technically-capable people: If for any reason you're wanting to run the automatic mass replay test yourself, you can do it this way:

NeoLemmix.exe "<PATH_TO_NXP>" replaytest "<PATH_TO_REPLAYS_FOLDER>"

Note that both paths must be absolute; the path to the NXP must include the filename and extension of the NXP file, "replaytest" must be lowercase, and the replays path must have a trailing slash.

This is actually a feature I had hoped to introduce earlier (I somewhat attempted to introduce this in, IIRC, the initial V10.11.XX updates, but never got it working well enough for it to even appear in any experimentals, let alone stables), but the way mass replay checks worked before made it nearly impossible to implement correctly. Thanks to the new mass replay check menu, which is entirely seperate from the normal in-game mode, it was much easier to do now. :)

There are no other changes from the previous experimental (player) / current stable (Flexi).
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 05:08:26 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2017, 07:13:30 AM »
Haven't yet uploaded an experimental for it, but I've just made a few tweaks that hugely improve the speed of the mass replay test.

I ran a test of 93 replays on Lemmings Plus Omega (my intended solutions, a few talisman solutions, a few backroute replays, and a few solutions by other people) using both the most recent experimental version, and a version with these new changes. I expected the new changes would make an improvement on the order of cutting the time taken by 10% or so. In practice, the time was cut by nearly 50%. :D

To be precise, on the old version it took 2mins 48secs to run the check; on the new version it took 1min 29secs. Turning "smooth resampling in menus" off (which reduces the processing time for updating the "seconds taken so far" display) even further improved this, to the point where running this check of 93 replays - three of which exceed 10 minutes game-time in duration - took less than a minute. While if I'm not mistaken this is still extremely slow compared to Lix, this is a HUGE improvement from the days when a NeoLemmix mass replay check could easily take upwards of ten minutes to execute on larger packs, and even a noticable improvement over previous recent NL versions.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 08:41:55 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2017, 04:16:38 PM »
Experimental Player V10.13.16:8F04C44.

http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=87

Feature changes
- Various performance improvements - mass replay checker in particular is considerably faster.
- It is now possible to zoom in a bit further via in-game zooming than before.
- Minimap and extra buttons are now always both displayed.
- Minimap accuracy and user-friendliness greatly improved.
- Added an option for "high quality minimap", this gives much better detail but can cause considerable performance hits. It is on by default.
- Zombies now show up as red on the minimap.

Bug fixes
- If in-game zooming is used to go to a zoom low enough that the level area is narrower than the skill panel, it is impossible to move the mouse to the outer parts of the skill panel.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2017, 11:52:36 AM »
Experimental Player V10.13.16:328A0FA.

http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=89

Core Changes
- Fixed the bug that prevented unlocking any talisman that has a Fencer limit

Features Changes
- Fixed the scrolling down bug
- Removed the minimum level size
- Added an option to increase initial zoom when playing a level on small levels*
- Increased the maximum supported zoom (depends on screensize, anywhere from max 5x on a 320x200 screen, to max 14x on a 4K display)
- Allowed configuring default zoom to anything up to the maximum that'll be allowed when in-game
- Smooth menu resizing is turned off while running a mass replay check (this improves speed noticably)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 01:52:29 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2017, 09:10:12 PM »
It seems that the squared cursor bug (when the game is paused) still persists at random while you pass the cursor over a working lemming, in certain directions.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2017, 08:22:30 AM »
Will look into this. I'm currently working on other stuff relating to the user interface anyway (mostly behind-the-scenes stuff that tidies up the code), so I'll likely be rewriting the handling of the cursor anyway.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2017, 08:34:06 AM »
Experimental Editor V10.13.13:0C6E1FA.

http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=90

Put the EXE in the directory of an existing installation. Please note the V10.13.13 changes to tilesets (Bubble in particular) are not included.

Changes:
- The options for Fencers in skillsets / as pickup skills are no longer hidden.
- No longer enforces a 320x160 minimum level size (this does however remain the default size).
- Screen start position is now based on center of screen, rather than topleft corner. The display of the screen start position has been changed to account for this.

Please note, Fencers may still have physics changes while development of the next update continues. Do not create levels using them if you are not prepared to possibly have to make changes later. Also, levels that use Fencers require NeoLemmix V10.12.XX or higher.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 04:14:28 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2017, 11:31:36 AM »
Experimental Flexi V10.13.15:D2C0E8B.

http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=91

Changes:
- Flexi will not allow you to use the Replay Manager or build an NXP while you have two levels with the same level ID, unless it's literally two copies of the same level (eg. as a filler level in development versions). This is due to issues that the Replay Manager and Mass Replay Tester have when level ID duplicates exist within a pack. *
- You can now add replays to the replay manager by simply putting them in the "replays" folder while Flexi is not running, then opening your pack. Replays added this way will always be set to unclassified, not up to date and not successful, making them stand out a bit more.
- Similarly, you can remove replays in the same way, by simply deleting the file while Flexi is not running then opening your pack (in previous versions, this would result in errors).
- Added an option to delete all failed replays. (Useful in conjuction with the option to run a mass test directly from Flexi.)
- Fixed a bug with auto-fixing filename conflicts when using the "Rename replays based on their classifications" option.
- Fixed a bug where the Error Checker would report some styles that don't need to be built into NXPs, as missing. (L2 / L3 / LPV styles)
- Fixed a bug where the Error Checker, when checking for presence / absence of styles, would only look at the level's primary tileset rather than other ones that are used in it.

* I welcome any suggestions on how to address this in a way that makes Flexi auto-fix the problem, while still keeping consistency. (IE: If it was to fix the level, then you reimport the level from an external copy later, it would give it the same ID when re-fixing the issue. Obviously this cannot be perfect, but it should be based on something that's unlikely to change - perhaps the level's title?)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2017, 11:32:34 AM »
Experimental Editor V10.13.13:95AEBD3.

http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=95

Changes:
- Missing pieces will be replaced with placeholder ones instead of acting glitchy when loading a level.
- Fixed a bug that may cause access violations when saving levels. (This bug is only present in the previous experimental, and not in the stable version.)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 02:43:22 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects