Author Topic: Bugs reported in IRC on 2015-09-06  (Read 3282 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Bugs reported in IRC on 2015-09-06
« on: September 06, 2015, 04:30:13 AM »
Hi guys,

please elaborate on bugs #2 and #3 you've mentioned in IRC while I was over at IchoTolot's. If you can, attach replays to demonstrate the buggy behavior. Bug #1 I've already reproduced, no need to make a replay.

Bug #1

Floater checks at different x-coordinate for encounters

How to repro: Play single/rubix/"Lost 06"/(Level 15). Assign a floater to the first lix straight from the hatch. She will burn in a fire object hidden in the terrain, before she reaches the trampoline. Watch no-floater lixes fall along the same path. They will not burn.

Cause: Eye is at different position in spritesheet. Game checks eye position to determine where to check for encounters. Encounters are checked at eye and at foot (effective coordinate).

Proposed fix: Force eye to have same x-coordinate as the foot, at least for faller and floater.

Bug #2

<Ramond_> SimoTolot: weird behaviour again with lix landing on platform from below

Bug #3

<Ramond_> so is there by chance a "hidden horizontal wrap" function in lix as that it actually wraps but doesn't show it as such?
<geoo> yes, you got it
<Ramond_> this is really cheap
<Ramond_> SimoTolot please fix
<geoo> There's also a hidden exit

This might be a joke, please clarify. I suck at detecting Ramon's irony. (Super)Lemmini has such a horrible bug, where bashers falling out of the bottom reappear at the top.

-- Simon

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs reported in IRC on 2015-09-06
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 09:18:46 AM »
Attached is a replay exhibiting the behavior from Bug #2 (check the bottom where they move up 32 pixels in one frame to land on the ledge). I don't consider it a bug, it's just the game having to deal with high vertical velocities.

Bug #3 is a joke as far as I'm aware.

I've got some more bugs for you, can add them to the tracker if you want:

Bug #4
When exiting an MP replay, the dialog displayed is that from the regular multiplayer game and is missing 'Restart Level' (as offered when exiting an SP replay). In particular, you can't quit replay mode by pressing the Back/cancel key (as defined in the Options->Menu).

Bug #5
Assume you have assigned an exploder/imploder in SP, and the game has progressed a few frames past the explosion. If you now frame-step backwards, in a few frames right after the explosion, explosion effects will be created each frame you step back.