Poll

what's the Android version of your main Android device?

<3
1 (8.3%)
<4
0 (0%)
4.0 or 4.1
1 (8.3%)
4.2 or 4.3
0 (0%)
>= 4.4
10 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: [Android] Lemmings-like game (WIP)  (Read 29551 times)

Offline LJLPM

Re: [Android] Lemmings-like game (WIP)
« Reply #210 on: September 18, 2016, 05:09:58 pm »
- After "Platformers" (see previous post), here come the "1-Way Enabled" Terrains.
It's the same setup as in NeoLemmix, with default value being "enabled" for all new Terrains.

- Moreover, it seems that NeoLemmix's new "Clear Physics" option is appreciated.
For debug purpose, I needed the same option in the Android game, so I'll leave this feature in the final game, too :)

Offline ardiri

« Reply #211 on: November 06, 2016, 04:08:57 pm »
Thanks for Caveman! I know (and played) this game: this is a re-skinned Lemmings port due to copyright issues.
They used copyrighted assets indeed. For the Android game, I will deliver original contents only: I wrote original/not-copyrighted code and I created my own graphics, so I hope my game does not break any copyrights, even if my Brick tileset looks similar to Lemmings' Brick tileset.

i don't know why i never came to this website in the last 15 years hahah.. i just posted a new topic anyhow relating to caveman :)

we have an android version of the game now as well - it will soon be published for a closed beta.. in regards to legal issues - i've been versed up on this for years; Caveman HD never had any issues.. but, if your game looks too similar to the original game, you may run into issues. copyright law comes down to something as simple as this (this is how my lawyer explained it to me) "if someone with no knowledge of the game or computers in general saw the original and yours side by side.. but, couldn't tell the difference.. you can get sued for copyright infringement"... thats why Caveman looks the way it does. :)

PS: Caveman for Android has even been tested on Android 2.3.5 - so, 98% of android users should be able to play it!

Offline LJLPM

« Reply #212 on: November 13, 2016, 11:15:53 pm »
Thanks for Caveman! I know (and played) this game: this is a re-skinned Lemmings port due to copyright issues.
They used copyrighted assets indeed. For the Android game, I will deliver original contents only: I wrote original/not-copyrighted code and I created my own graphics, so I hope my game does not break any copyrights, even if my Brick tileset looks similar to Lemmings' Brick tileset.

i don't know why i never came to this website in the last 15 years hahah.. i just posted a new topic anyhow relating to caveman :)

we have an android version of the game now as well - it will soon be published for a closed beta.. in regards to legal issues - i've been versed up on this for years; Caveman HD never had any issues.. but, if your game looks too similar to the original game, you may run into issues. copyright law comes down to something as simple as this (this is how my lawyer explained it to me) "if someone with no knowledge of the game or computers in general saw the original and yours side by side.. but, couldn't tell the difference.. you can get sued for copyright infringement"... thats why Caveman looks the way it does. :)

PS: Caveman for Android has even been tested on Android 2.3.5 - so, 98% of android users should be able to play it!

Thank you VERY MUCH for the piece of info: it is very useful!!!
I'll will create original graphics which will look different from Lemmings. (but I would like to "capture" the Lemmings feeling, nevertheless)

I also played Caveman, and it's a cool game: congratulations for the upcoming Android release!!! :thumbsup:

Offline LJLPM

« Reply #213 on: December 17, 2016, 02:43:50 pm »
Here are short news about the Android project : I keep on working the game, of course! :)
Latest updates are not about visual stuff and graphics, but about slight adjustments which make the game more enjoyable. Making this game is a slow process (I work on the project whenever I can), but the game just gets better and better, and I'm really happy with the results!

But, because I didn't make much progress on the graphics recently, I will clearly miss the release in 2017 (I still have a lot of work to do, until the game is finished!). Next year, I'll keep you updated with fresh screenshots and videos, as I make progress on tilesets.

To be continued...

Offline LJLPM

« Reply #214 on: February 24, 2017, 01:05:22 am »
It's been a while since the previous update, but be assured that I keep on working on the game/level-editor/online stuff.

Here's the latest update: Today, I've just added the "Fencer" skill (please see the attached screenshot).
The new skills (compared to Lemmings 1) are: Walker/U-turn + Platformer + Fencer + Glider.
(as seen on the screenshot, levels allow the use of the 12 skills).