Author Topic: PSP graphics  (Read 7235 times)

Offline EricLang

• View Profile
PSP graphics
« on: April 20, 2015, 12:08:07 PM »
Is there a way to obtain alle graphics and animations from PSP lemmings?
I don't know PSP but I think there should be some different versions.
The post about "Lemming in C#" contains some nice graphics which I would like to try in Lemmix.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: PSP graphics
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 12:10:13 PM »
I remember reading somewhere that each individual (default) level is actually a pre-rendered image (similar to how Cheapo works), rather than built by pieces like how Lemmix / Lemmini work. Of course, this doesn't hold true for custom levels.

I'm not overly familiar with the PSP version - does it give a black background when making custom levels, or is there some kind of graphical image? If it's the former, it should be very easy to extract the graphics; even if it has a graphical background, it might be possible to compare differences with and without a terrain piece on it.

I'm not sure how well an emulator handles the PSP version; but I know the PS2 version (which is virtually identical) works almost-flawlessly (just a tad laggy) on PCSX2.

On an unrelated note, welcome back to the forum! Long time no see! :)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 03:03:16 PM »
I am curious to see if anyone can make 3d-esque looking special levels

Offline EricLang

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 03:32:49 PM »
Exactly. If anyone knows where to get these levels (and maybe how to read them) I would love to compile these into Lemmix.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 09:45:59 PM »
I'm pretty sure I've seen videos on youtube of people using the PSP graphics in Lemmini. ...Which means they would've had to use it also with Lemmix right?

I tried to find this video quickly but couldn't. But I know I've seen it. There might be a post about it somewhere here.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 07:44:04 AM »
I have played PSP lemmings so I know what the editor looks like in terms of graphics. It comes with the 3d background that depends on the graphic style, rather than a black one, (although it does fade to black for a few seconds when switching styles) and the terrain are just pieces, rather than a pre-rendered image like you get in the game. The lighting on each terrain piece corresponds to the style background, so I'm just wondering if some of the pieces may look unrealistic when mixed together because of different brightness levels?
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 09:53:18 PM »
There are some terrains from the real levels that are missing in the PSP editor, like the brown terrains in the Crystal levels and the red roofs from the Roman. You will have to use something else for that brown terrain, like the rocks from the Fire style.

I found a video of someone that has ripped all the PSP levels and is playing it in Lemmini: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ER_KrPdS6o It's not what you guys are looking for though. Maybe you can ask him to rip the editor pieces?

You can download the rips here: https://mega.co.nz/#!OYtQBZbY!C0MXxi7X2-cZmAChkU6NcWQgsz1jzD_TMMcHD4ExV5I

What I'm shocked about is that he even made rips of some of my Sega level remakes. :lem-mindblown: He must have downloaded my Sega levels here: http://www.lemmingsforums.com/index.php?topic=799.0
Room with no exit

Under Construction

Let's go to the moon

Where do you see Lemmings?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 10:09:51 PM by Luis »
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 10:05:45 PM »
Can someone put these in neolemmix? :lem-mindblown:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2015, 10:10:38 PM »
If someone has extracted copies of all the tiles and objects (even better if they have the sound effects for the traps too), I'm happy to do the rest of the work towards making NeoLemmix graphic sets of them. Original resolution is fine, no need to down-size them. (NeoLemmix is now capable of loading (though not displaying, at least not yet) higher-resolution graphics; it automatically resizes them.)

It may make more sense to get them from the PS2 version if they don't already exist in extracted form; since I'd assume that'd be higher resolution than PSP. Better futureproofing for if NeoLemmix does ever support higher resolutions.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline EricLang

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2015, 12:24:02 PM »
Nice!