Author Topic: Hidden Easteer Egg in Lemmings 2  (Read 2647 times)

manic23

Hidden Easteer Egg in Lemmings 2
« on: October 28, 2014, 05:18:59 PM »
Hi, just thought I'd post this here as it is rather fun. Seems there is a hidden Easter Egg in the SNES version of Lemmings 2, whereby you can blow up our favourite little critters with a Nintendo Super Scope light gun!

http://www.retrocollect.com/News/long-lost-lemmings-2-the-tribes-easter-egg-reveals-super-nintendo-super-scope-compatibility.html

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Re: Hidden Easter Egg in Lemmings 2
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 05:25:30 PM »
Interesting! Maybe they carried this particular idea forward into 3D Lemmings as a gimmick for the PC-DOS version. Typing Rasputin in-game turns the cursor into crosshairs.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
Re: Hidden Easteer Egg in Lemmings 2
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 05:28:52 PM »
This really is fab. Who knew, until now, that the "Rasputin" cheat in Lemmings 3D had a progenitor? :D

I wonder if this was known to the guys at Clockwork Games and that's why they included it, or if it's just a coincidence? (I mean, they may not have known what the chaps at DMA Design had done!)

For that matter, I wonder if similar Easter Eggs and cheats exist in any other Lemmings games, now that we know that there's more than one of them?

EDIT: Haha, minimac, you took the words right out of my mouth - I was just writing more-or-less the same thing before it told me that another reply had appeared while I was writing mine. :thumbsup:

manic23

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 05:33:46 PM »
Just shows how little I know, I did not know about the 2D Lemmings Easter Egg, going to try that tonight :)

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 06:01:07 PM »
What's astounding about the Lemmings 3D one, is that it even has unique sprites just for it, that are only used when you use the cheat, and cannot be seen in any other way.

Offline exit

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 11:16:51 PM »
Interesting . . ..
I've never heard of easter eggs in Lemmings, it sounds cool, though!

Nice avatar, manic. I know what it's from. :)