Author Topic: Lemmings & Lix Fangame List  (Read 76047 times)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Lemmings & Lix Fangame List
« on: July 10, 2014, 02:48:36 PM »
This is a list of all known Fangames, Expansion and Modification Packs for Lemmings and Lix games, as well as individual levels that cannot be uploaded into Mindless's Level Database.

If you know a fangame/expansion/modification pack/individual level (or have any general suggestions), or notice any broken links feel free to post it here or PM me, and I will change the list accordingly.

Key:
Yellow - work-in-progress
Red - abandoned until further notice
"<project codename>" - the project doesn't have a confirmed name yet.

Amiga Lemmings 1 (click to show/hide)

DOS Lemmings 1 (click to show/hide)

Lemmini (click to show/hide)

Lemmix (vanilla) (click to show/hide)

Lemmings 2: The Tribes (click to show/hide)

Lix

NeoLemmix (click to show/hide)

SuperLemmini (click to show/hide)

WinLemm (click to show/hide)

Other engines (click to show/hide)

Thanks to Akseli, exit, Flopsy, IchoTolot, Minim, möbius, namida and Simon for suggestions and tips for the list. Thanks to Gronkling for finding Deceit's Lemmings and GigaLem for finding AlbertVamprince's pack and its bonus levels.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 02:17:37 PM by Simon »
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline exit

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings Fangame, Expansion and Modification Pack List
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 05:47:56 PM »
Nice list!

I guess this is going to be the Lemmings Fangame Index like Prob Lem has the Lemmings Merchandise Index.
I just updated the demo, so the new demo is demo 3. Also, (the code on the webpage was written wrongly, and since you probably inspected the element it gave you the code, and, therefore, the wrong filename) the actual filename for demos 2 and 3 is DemoOhNox.zip, and not OhNoDemo.zip, but that's my fault.

But still, nice list.

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 10:10:24 PM »
Marvellous job, DynaLem! :thumbsup: I have to admit that this kind of topic has been in my mind since I joined here, but I was always too lazy to create it. Really nice that you did it now! Also the same thing with "Scattered Levelpacks" topic. :)

Few notes:
- Some of Giga's Lemmings Platinum level packs can be found on Lemmings Level Database, for everyone to know.
- The download for MikauSchekzen's level pack doesn't work. I have made a review of that pack with a download here.
- A bit more subjective issue, but in my opinion Dodochacalo's levels and mobius' levels aren't that different difficulty-wise, you wrote that the formers are geared towards expert players and the latters for new players, this sounds too exaggerated in my opinion. :P Both designers' packs have few easy ratings and few above Mayhem ratings.
- I've always considered legendary MazuLems aka. Martin Zurlinden's Lemmings to be an expansion pack for Lemmings, that's why I was a bit surprised it wasn't included here. The official website for this pack: http://www.abc64.de/lemmings/

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 12:38:58 PM »
Thanks, Akseli! I've updated the database with your suggestions. Yeah, for DoveLems, FranLems and MobiLems, I really wasn't sure how to describe them, and this is only the best thing I can come up with. For now, I took out the "expert players/non-expert players" part of the description.

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 02:14:08 PM »
I think we can all agree that DOS is a bit inconvenient these days; while there is the option of using the Lemmix Editor and its playtest mode, let's have a way of playing MazuLems that's a bit closer to how it originally was...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cczoycwzrgyn5cf/LemmixPlayerMazu.exe

Enjoy. :D

I've been playing through this again myself - MazuLems was pretty much the first custom pack I ever played, but I didn't solve most of the levels back then, and most of those I did solve, I don't remember how. While they're not as hard as some of the levels we see these days, they're definitely really fun! :D
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 06:19:28 PM »
Thanks for making the Lemmix version of MazuLems.

I also tided up the list by creating hyperlinks instead of outright spelling out the URLs, and trying to make it more organized.

Offline ssam1221

• View Profile
    • My custom lemmings download and solution videos
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 01:39:34 PM »
Wow, games based on DOS are only Martin Zurlinden and me?

ssam1221’s Lemmings An in-progress pack of 100 levels based off the Oh No More Lemmings Lemmix player, some levels of which must rely on glitches. Currently at 80 levels.

Ye,s my lemmings is in progress, but after I got a job,  I don't have time to create my lemmings level, also I need some good idea for creating my level.

MazuLems
A pack of 30 levels which are placed in the Taxing difficulty (though some of the levels are not seen as Taxing difficulty). These levels can also be found on the Lemmings Level Database (including two levels which were excluded).

Because DOS lemmings level files which include taxing levels rating are only contain these rating levels in sequence.
For example, LEVEL005.dat to LEVEL008.dat contain taxing level 1, 2, 3, ...(It is not correct file name, just example). But other rating (Fun, Tricky, Mayhme) level files include these rating level in random position. Also these ratings level must modify ODDTABLE.dat - this file contain some level infomation that same level terrain such as 'Just Dig!' and 'We are fall down'.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2014, 02:28:44 PM »
Since this is a topic you're likely to edit, and because it had become corrupted already, I copied/pasted the BBCode for the first post from the old board. You'll need to redo any recent modifications, but it looks a lot neater (and will be easier to update) now.

Two things to point out:
- That link for GeoffLems is broken. Someone'll need to reupload it if they have it handy.
- Lemmings Plus Omega probably shouldn't be described as "upcoming" anymore. :P (Same for cLemmings Ultimate Edition, though a proper player hasn't been built yet; but exit has contacted me for assistance in doing so.)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2014, 04:33:10 AM »
Thanks for fixing this! I've also fixed the download link for exit's pack. I won't be able to fix the other links until I have access to my computer, though.

I have a copy of the recent version of GeoffLems, which is also in my computer.

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2014, 05:06:33 PM »
I just wanted to say that this is a great list. Major kudos for including New Year Lemmings 1992 - to the best of my knowledge, those were the first custom levels ever made for any Lemmings game. :thumbsup:

Amusingly, according to one of the other members of the same group, which was called Fairlight, "It was done by Gaston/Fairlight for a laugh".

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2015, 09:53:18 PM »
Thanks!

I've updated the list and fixed all the links so they link to the topics in this forum and not the old forum. I've also put up a new link for GeoffLems.

If there are any mistakes, let me know.

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 12:45:00 AM »
I feel so tickled see my project get mentioned   :D

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2015, 05:20:36 AM »
All the "topic" links for my packs should be pointed to the general Lemmings Plus topic, as the individual topics have all been closed and are no longer being updated. (Except for the Doomsday Lemmings topic, of course.)
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2015, 12:41:23 PM »
Alright, fixed the Lemmings Plus links to reflect that.  :)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2015, 12:00:32 PM »
Wow...there have been so many fangames released this year. As such, I've heavily updated the list and gave it a lot of tidying-up by putting a drop-down menu for each game, and also adding indications on which games are recently released, are a work-in-progress, or cancelled. Let me know if the new design works.