Author Topic: Little lemming coin purse  (Read 3124 times)

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
Little lemming coin purse
« on: May 22, 2014, 04:16:59 PM »
With sewing as a hobby, it's easy to end up with lots of fabric samples, off-cuts, and scraps that are substantial enough to do something with, but tricky to find a use for. Recently, I realised that most fabric samples these days are more generously sized than they were in times gone by, and then committed to making sure that I find uses for these things (I've already ear-marked some pieces for Christmas decorations, or embellishments for other potential projects). Last night, I made the first such item - a small coin purse/card holder, made from three different short-pile plush fabric samples (you can't see the third colour, as it was used to make some loops on the back for the closure and the keychain attachment), a perfectly-sized leftover piece of flesh-tone jersey fabric, and some felt scraps, along with a bit of embroidery thread.

The body part is the size of a credit card. It comfortably holds money, a few business cards, and a pair of earphones. Handy little thing, and it was fun to make something useful out of so little fabric. :thumbsup: (This isn't going on my website just yet, as I'm going to compile several of my samples/off-cuts based projects into one entry once I've made a few more.)