Author Topic: [deprecated] CustLemmix and FlexiLemmix (Latest version: V27)  (Read 33536 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: CustLemmix and FlexiLemmix (Latest version: V23)
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2014, 07:19:54 PM »
NeoLemmix V1.25n and the respective editor version have just been released, which change how Flexi pack creation is handled. The next update of traditional FlexiLemmix will also come in line with this; in the meantime, the older version of LemMain (V7.3) must be used as the new version does not support creating a SYSTEM.DAT section.

I'll do the update to this sometime soon. Current status is that the new SYSTEM.DATs do work for already-existing features, but the new features don't yet. Apart from that, there's also some general issues I need to address for the V24 update (that aren't specifically related to Flexi).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline exit

• View Profile
Re: CustLemmix and FlexiLemmix (Latest version: V26)
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2014, 09:33:21 PM »
I'm using the custom player builder, and I keep getting stream read errors as soon as I open the program.
Another thing is that when I build the levelpacks(using 0000.lvl), it says that no styles were used, but still builds the files.

Also, another question, but what is the GoRC.exe for? I don't remember its use stated inside the readme.

Thanks in advance.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2014, 12:21:31 AM »
 Style count doesnt include copies of 0000.lvl, and is a somewhat buggy feature in general. It assumes that the first style is numbered 0 for example.

GoRc is used to build the RES file. You dont need to do anything with it; LemResourceBuilder will automatically run it when needed.

As for the errors, do you have all your DAT files in a "data" subfolder and all your music files in a "music" subfolder? Also, the folder isn't read-only, right?
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline exit

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2014, 10:36:12 PM »
No, even if I change it to read-only and then build the resources it doesn't work.

I tried it with the normal player, and it worked up until I tried to actually play it.

Offline alexis9000

• View Profile
Re: CustLemmix and FlexiLemmix (Latest version: V27)
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2016, 12:27:53 PM »
CustLemmix "Stream Read error" , what's this?

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2016, 12:49:16 PM »
Note that CustLemmix is deprecated and should no longer be used. The up-to-date player is NeoLemmix V10.10.10.

Without knowing what you did exactly resp. what level file you used, we cannot be sure what caused the error. But I strongly suspect that CustLemmix complained that you tried to load a level file that uses a newer file format. For example, CustLemmix will crash every time you try loading a level that mixes graphic styles, because CustLemmix simply doesn't support this.

Offline alexis9000

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2016, 01:03:22 PM »
Note that CustLemmix is deprecated and should no longer be used. The up-to-date player is NeoLemmix V10.10.10.

Without knowing what you did exactly resp. what level file you used, we cannot be sure what caused the error. But I strongly suspect that CustLemmix complained that you tried to load a level file that uses a newer file format. For example, CustLemmix will crash every time you try loading a level that mixes graphic styles, because CustLemmix simply doesn't support this.

Thanks, I've posted an answer on Lemmings Help section to this post, because it almost worked for me this...but it didn't because another error appeared, so I went to explain there what was the error.

Thanks a lot for your help the same way :D

Offline Turrican

• View Profile
Re: [deprecated] CustLemmix and FlexiLemmix (Latest version: V27)
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2020, 07:13:35 PM »
Hi! I know that Custlemmix is discontinued , but I'm Interested for one of it's features ( the ability to use custom music tracks ) . Is it possible to have some information , of how to use it?
My Youtube channel ( Turrican Lemm )  :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYGFBOHdYITHlsqa203Tu8Q

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [deprecated] CustLemmix and FlexiLemmix (Latest version: V27)
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2020, 09:02:46 PM »
Check old topics or the source code; I don't really remember much about how it worked these days.
My Lemmings projects