Author Topic: Lemmings inspired Game Jam Game made in 4 days - Night of the Winning Dead  (Read 5237 times)

Offline pferguso

• View Profile

Hello all. I am new to the forums, but am a long time Lemmings fan. I recently made a game in Gamemaker Studio  for the GMC Community Game Jam 38. I would like you all to play my game for free and see what you think. The game features 6 playable levels, 5 unique roles for your "zombie" lemmings, and music in .MOD format, just like the original Amiga. Votes for the Jam will be going on until September 17th, if anyone is into that as well.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UIPuA71WHm08ov-PPi_z3jYgjN9Sqb0j/view?usp=sharing

Here is a link to a video of the development:

https://youtu.be/7fi8MfSXYNI

Enjoy, and feedback is welcome!

Cheers!

P.S. There is a newer version of the game you can find a download link to in the forums, but I won't post the link here until after the winner of the GMC Jam is announced, so you can vote according to the submission, and not the changes made afterwards.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 09:03:53 PM by pferguso »

Offline zanzindorf

• View Profile
    • Zanzindorf.com
Re: Lemmings inspired Game Jam Game made in 4 days - Night of the Winning Dead
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 09:02:01 PM »
Looks neat! The Youtube link seems to be set to private. Has the video been published?

Offline pferguso

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 09:04:37 PM »
Fixed the link to the video!! Thanks for pointing that out.

Offline zanzindorf

• View Profile
    • Zanzindorf.com
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2020, 10:07:25 PM »
I just played it. That was fantastic :thumbsup:

I really enjoyed the authentic Amiga vibe. The music, graphics, menus, and gameplay all worked really well together. The vomit bridges were an interesting mechanic.

The only bug I found (I think it's a bug) is some fall distances are lethal when you're fast-forwarding, but not lethal when at normal speed. This was mostly only noticeable on the last level with the ledge just before the goal. The zombies would fall and die if I were fast-forwarding, but if playing at normal speed, they'd be totally fine.

Really nice work. Impressive for the time restriction. I'll try to vote after I look at some other games.

Amusingly to me, Mike Dailly (the guy who helped make Lemmings) is now one of the head guys at Yoyo Games/ Gamemaker Studio. I bet he'd like this :laugh: