Author Topic: lemming painting idea  (Read 4778 times)

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
lemming painting idea
« on: May 05, 2020, 04:26:36 PM »
So I do a small amount of arts and crafts for sale I also do pieces for fun which I can't sell due to trademark ownership for example  the attachment shows a rugby logo I created for a group on Facebook.  I was thinking when I have finished my current commission I might make myself something lemming themed.

Btw I can't actually draw I can just trace like a pro and I like making new compositions.  Its a mixed media piece with glass paints and acrylics on Acetate

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Re: lemming painting idea
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 05:05:08 PM »
Nice! :thumbsup:

How do you imagine the rugby-themed tileset? Are you thinking logos and whatnot as terrain, or more like a specific colour-scheme but with regular-looking terrain? Or both?

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 05:48:04 PM »
probably a bit of both was the original plan but when I had a look at the instructions for custom tilesets I understood very little of it I don't even know how to put my custom background into the editor so to be honest I am probably going to give up on the idea.

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 10:46:02 PM »
I don't even know how to put my custom background into the editor

• Make a folder called "mantha_special"
  • Place the attached "theme.nxtm" file into it (this currently has default values which can be changed later)
  • Make a sub-folder called "backgrounds" in mantha_special
  • Place your background(s) into the backgrounds folder
  • Open the editor, and your background(s) should now appear as an option in the backgrounds dropdown list (also, mantha_special will appear in the theme dropdown list)

Also, check out this tutorial ; it includes instructions for adding graphics to a style (in this case, the style would be mantha_special).

Good luck! :thumbsup: