Author Topic: Showcase/Explain your new Lix Multiplayer Maps  (Read 16962 times)

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
Showcase/Explain your new Lix Multiplayer Maps
« on: April 19, 2014, 09:28:09 PM »
Show an exported screenshot from any new multiplayer maps you create here !
(Only a screenshot thread, not for attaching the actual map file with it)

Maps can be : Serious : Funny/Ridiculous : Artistic : Asymetric :  or and other idea you can possibly think of for multiplayer :)
Just post it if you want to showcase it    :thumbsup:

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
Re: Lix Multiplayer Selfies
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 09:33:47 PM »
I'll start it off with dedicating a map to our newest Lix friend Naoh!

Naoh's Arc Attack THEN Defend (2p)
2 Rounds (read my next post)

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 10:34:22 PM »
I'll continue it on with dedicating a map to our googliest-eyed Lix friend Clam!

This is a "serious" level.

Another Tribute to Clam Spammer
2p or 8(p) team

« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 07:11:28 PM by NaOH »

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 06:54:36 PM »
So I posted Naoh's Arc the other day, and Me/Clam had a chance to test it out last night, and surprisingly its great fun.
We have spawned a new style of gameplay from it.

2 Round Attack & Defense

You play 2 rounds on the map.   
During attack phase you are the only one trying to save Lix (or steal)    The Arc defender has no exit.
When the round ends, the next game begins with reversed roles, and you have to beat the previous attackers score. (Very slight advantage knowing the target score)
If the score is a tie after the 2 rounds you can call that a draw or play the next 2 rounds to decide a real winner.
(6 lix each is how I have designed this map)

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 06:57:11 PM »
Naoh's Arc : Attack & Defense (team mode)

Same idea but in teams, so the 2 rounds don't exist in team mode.
Each Side of the map is divided by steel.   Both sides have an attacker and a defender from each team.
O/T set to 2mins to stop any chance of scoring one and quickly nuking.   
May the best team win!

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 08:21:01 PM »
this sounds like a grand idea!  :D

I've had some similar ideas on  gameplay styles and I keep forgetting to post them. So I will here.
They might require simple alterations in the game of course. We really need to encourage this.  :thumbsup:

survival:
there is no exit. [there's no exit in any of these] Your goal is to survive. The first person to run out of lixes is out. The Last person remaining is winner!

king of the hill/control point
There's a spot on the map marked by something which you "claim" by having at least 1 of your lix stand on it a certain amount of time (seconds usually). There can be only 1 point or multiple points. In multiple points you must progressively capture all the points to win. With 1 point you must keep the point a certain amount of time or until a timer runs out.

Capture the flag: Each team has a flag somewhere on the level that is picked up by a lix as it walks over it. You steal a flag by having your lix walk by the enemy lix with the flag. The goal is to take the enemy flag back to a spot on your side of the level.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 09:09:19 PM »
Most of the modes you mentioned actually exist in Clones so Simon should be aware of them and even knows how well or not well they work in practice.  As you pointed out Simon will have to code in support for these modes, so you are at mercy of how Simon balances the amount of work required to support them vs whether he thinks (from past experience) they would add enough to the game.

"Survival" may be most likely to be supported in terms of being the least amount of coding to do.  Plus it has already been proposed previously.

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 09:10:46 PM »
Survival mode we do have maps of this style already, with a single exit..  Forget the name of those.   One is particularly good as the exit is a short dig below, but anyone trying to dig for it before killing the others WONT succeed, so it works out.

edit: Yea CCX just posted as I was typing.  Hes got the right link to pics haha.

CTF:  This would actually be a fantastic addition to Lix, if it could be coded into the game one day, such as you walk over a 'flag' or some new object, and immediately change color(or something else obvious to all) to show the flag carrier.  Only a flag carrier can 'exit' as long as their own flag is in its home position.
^ would be crazy to play it with a bunch of Lix!   haha

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2014, 10:06:29 PM »
Heres another

Nuclear Factory Escape
2 round Attack & Defense map
The Basher is the only terrain removal ability available. (Only way to free even more of your co-workers in the center)

Your supervisors need you all to stay for a double shift. 
You have a better idea... lets GTFO of here and enjoy the sunshine.   
Your supervisors are angry and instead of firing you for disobedience, they would rather kill you.   :evil:

----
All are capable of going up and over/down the right side.
A good option is if you can at least get 1 near the exit and bash the blocking terrain, you have another way of getting more out of work easier this way.

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
Re: Showcase/Explain your new Lix Multiplayer Maps
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 05:52:49 AM »
Edited the factory map, after testing we found a flaw that builders could 'jam' the tight corridor and make it impossible.
Fixed with a wide right-side area as seen above in the new pic.
Also a few other small modifications I felt were necessary while we were playing.

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 05:55:09 AM »
Seeing as I am really enjoying our Attack & Defense games.... heres another!  lol

Circus Shortcut
Attack & Defense 

A group of friends take a shortcut to the circus
Cutting through the fencing, and into a construction zone where a new hotel is being built.
The workers are PISSED OFF!  Better get out of that area fast, they are hot on your trail.

Picture of the team version

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2014, 07:19:59 PM »
I'm liking these attack and defence maps, so I thought I'd contribute one of my own.

Lix and Let Die
3p Attack & Attack & Defence
Defender wins if score is 0-0-0
Otherwise, attackers compete for the better score.

Just a couple of lixes meandering through the creepy outer planes as usual, when suddenly they encounter the superdimensional space fortress Bunnycross! Hilarity ensues.

Coincidentally, I believe there is exactly enough time to solve this in singleplayer.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 07:10:40 PM by NaOH »

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2014, 11:38:15 PM »
Keep up the good work guys.  :thumbsup:

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2014, 02:39:36 PM »
So I posted Naoh's Arc the other day, and Me/Clam had a chance to test it out last night, and surprisingly its great fun.
We have spawned a new style of gameplay from it.

Actually, I think I have some claim to have originated Attack & Defence maps, with my MP version of Rendezvous at the Mountain -- though it's certainly true, I had no idea it would develop into a whole new genre!

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2014, 08:42:01 AM »
Butterflingers
2p Semi-Serious Concept
Exclusively use fling-bombers to climb your way up the ladder of transportation-beam-filled hallways. Clam should be good at this.

This reminds me of one of my Flingsane concept maps that didn't make the grade :D. Maybe it would have suited multiplayer better?