Author Topic: [PC][RPG] Legends of an Otherworld  (Read 57910 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [PC][RPG] Legends of an Otherworld
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2017, 01:25:55 AM »
I was meaning to add the note on where to get 3 -> 4 but must have forgotten. Though I was going to make it conditional on already reaching that point.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You should still be able to use the other upgrade anyways. It's more like two different +1s, rather than specifically 3 to 4 and 4 to 5.

Will look into the other two.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2017, 10:14:53 AM »
Quotes from Proxima's post (click to show/hide)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2017, 05:47:35 PM »
Some more bug reports (click to show/hide)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2017, 08:10:31 PM »
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 08:21:39 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2017, 08:46:27 AM »
Patch for the game-breaking bug (as well as some of the more minor ones) is now uploaded. Same links; there will be an empty "V020A.txt" text file to identify the updated ZIP.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2017, 06:12:10 PM »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2017, 10:03:44 AM »
Nepster's post (click to show/hide)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2017, 12:11:18 PM »
My plan for the next update is to include about half of the Mayae Ranges sidequest, as well as about half of the next dungeon. The last remaining "not yet accessible" area will probably come in the update after that, as will the rest of the next dungeon.

If anyone happens to have a save (that isn't from a low-level game or similar) from...
...it'd be great if you can send that to me. If not, I'll just rely on testing with a somewhat "mockup" party at roughly the right levels for now, and leave in-depth testing until the game's content is more or less complete.

In terms of progress, so far the parts of the Mayae Ranges that I plan to include are 80% complete (just need to difficulty test with a party that's appropriately levelled for the point in the game where it becomes available; designing and event-testing is all done), and the parts of the next dungeon that I plan to include are either 0% complete or about 5% complete, depending on where exactly I decide to put a currently-WIP boss (in particular, there's another specific boss fight that I want in the second half of the dungeon, and I'm not sure if I want this WIP one to be before or after it. If I go with "before", this one will be the last boss in the first half of the dungeon).

Update:

Mayae Ranges still not balance-tested yet. I've been feeling in the mood to create stuff a lot the last few days, so I figure I'm better off saving testing until a time when I'm not in such a creative mood (or when all content I intend to include in the next update is done; whatever comes first).

In terms of the storyline dungeon that I'm planning to half-complete for the next update, I'd say it's about 60% done design-wise now, but has had very little testing so far (mostly just some testing of enemy AI).

Update again:

Most of this dungeon is done now. Still needs most of the testing to be done, though. There is one (non-optional) side section that I haven't started yet because I'm not sure yet what I want to do with it; I also need to come up with (both idea-wise and implementation-wise) a boss to put in this section too. Aside from this section and testing, the only remaining thing is to write the AI for the end boss of this segment.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 04:36:20 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2017, 10:20:43 PM »
I had been hoping to get the new update out before the weekend, but have been quite busy and tired the last couple of days. As such I haven't done much more progress since last time I mentioned where I was up to.

I probably won't have too much chance to work on it over the weekend, so ETA is now early next week, I'd say most likely around midday Monday UTC (but this still is not guaranteed; and for that matter, nor is it certian that it *won't* be sooner than this, just unlikely).
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2017, 10:59:33 AM »
As expected, didn't get anything done over the weekend. But just now, I've made the missing section (including the boss). I still need to test (edit: event testing done, but still need to do balance testing), and write the AI for the end boss of the segment.

I also found and fixed two bugs relating to Reflect status that I'm very surprised have gone unnoticed: Firstly that enemy counterattacks completely bypass reflect even when they shouldn't (not sure how this went unnoticed, though it may be that many (though not all) enemies that use reflectable counterattacks are also aware of reflect and will use something else (or target someone else) if their counterattack would have been reflected otherwise); and secondly was that auto-reflect doesn't always get restored after something is reflected by it - this appears to happen more often for party members, but can happen for enemies too.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 12:11:07 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2017, 10:50:25 AM »
Alright, the next part of the adventure is finally here! :) As well as more of the storyline, about half of the Mayae Ranges sidequest is also now playable.

V021:
Fresh download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/et4p6a73ozoffgj/LoaO_V021_Fresh.zip?dl=1
Upgrade: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7nbh7lsmrhhaf5g/LoaO_V021_Upgrade.zip?dl=1

Enjoy. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2017, 02:20:38 PM »
V022 update. This is fairly minor; it adds the rest of the Mayae Ranges sidequest, as well as a few AI tweaks to some of the new storyline bosses from V021 (no changes to their stats, just to their AI).

Please note that the upgrade link is only intended for use if you're currently on V021. If you're on anything earlier, please redownload the fresh install copy instead (don't worry, you'll still keep your save files as long as you just extract it over your existing copy).

Fresh download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8zt79cmha0rfhuq/LoaO_V022_Fresh.zip?dl=1
Upgrade: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mqech49d89rfkxy/LoaO_V022_Upgrade.zip?dl=1 (from V021 only; otherwise please download the fresh copy)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2017, 01:17:25 AM »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2017, 10:10:06 AM »
I've just reached the point where all storyline content (excluding parts of the final-bosses / post-final-bosses cutscenes) has been made! :) Testing still remains to be done on it, though.

Some optional content still remains to create. Some of it will be available in the next update; other content will come in a further update (this "coming even later" content is intended to be post-game level content, so don't worry about being overlevelled).

At this point, remaining content for next update:

There's one more piece of optional content that remains to do after this, which is intended for a postgame party and will come in a later update.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 12:13:35 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2017, 03:08:16 PM »
Okay, all storyline content is now created! (Though none of the new stuff has been balance-tested, and the post-final-boss cutscene has not yet been event tested either.)

Aside from the testing, I still need to add some more Monster Hunter bosses before the update is ready for release.
My Lemmings projects