Author Topic: Title screen  (Read 5526 times)

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Title screen
« on: April 25, 2013, 02:14:10 AM »
I've been talking to Rubix in IRC, and we've identified this as one of the major things that make Lix look "unpolished". So I'm putting this out here for anyone who isn't aware and/or has artistic talent :)

Lix needs a title screen! The current screen is cute, but it's a placeholder (and even says as much). Rubix also has a design somewhere (hope you can find it!) which might or might not do. If anyone has ideas, verbal or graphical, please post them!

Note: This isn't a contest. But there is glory to be had if you design a screen and we use it :)

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
Re: Title screen
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 02:26:28 AM »
What he said.

Offline Mikex62

• Cookies? WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 12:13:46 AM »
I created this one using the Lix graphics.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 02:54:43 AM »
I like the concept of referencing from the Lemmings 1 title screen concept. :thumbsup:  The only thing I want to add is that the title screen should feature both some old skills as well as some new ones (the batter should especially make for some eye-catching and potentially funny title sequence; fling-back bombers can also work in that regard).

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 04:00:42 AM »
Thats a nice start, glad people are on board with wanting to finally have a mainscreen to replace the ugly placeholder one thats been there for ages already :S

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 10:15:02 PM »
I'm not much of an artist (sure, I can imagine complex toy designs and the final product always comes out as I imagined, but I'm not very good at getting what's in my head into drawn form :P), and I'm not a pixel-artist, either, so I hope that something doodled on paper works for a submission!

I've gone with the Lemmings referencing and the demonstrating of skills that were both mentioned above, and I came up with this concept;

The blank cards are for various options, naturally, and I'm quite happy with how I worked in the Cuber and the Batter, too. :P

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 10:44:03 PM »
That's really clever! 8) :thumbsup:  You got my vote for it for sure, FWIW. :P

Offline Mikex62

• Cookies? WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 02:26:44 AM »
I have updated my version!

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 10:07:15 AM »
Yeah, this is important. Thanks for making a couple. Next release (currently I'm not working on it for a couple months) will contain one of yours for sure.

I thought I had taken out the current screen and had replaced it with just black again, but it's still in the release.

-- Simon

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 10:26:54 AM »
I have updated my version!

[pic]

I actually put this in my Lix to try it out. It looks pretty good :thumbsup:, except the builder is covered up by the menu.

Another idea might be an animated title screen. Turtle Trench has such a thing, and you can even play with it! (Touch the turtles to make them explode :D)

Offline Mikex62

• Cookies? WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2013, 08:48:09 PM »
Unfortunately, I cannot animate it because it does NOT support gif files. :(
But I have updated my title MORE!