Author Topic: Lemmings Forums on Youtube  (Read 97364 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lemmings Forums on Youtube
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2013, 11:39:08 AM »
Link to occurrence of the bug

Cannot happen with DOS mechanics. A finished miner will always fall, never walk. Only walkers may become climbers.

-- Simon

Offline Tim

• Skype name: timfoxxy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2013, 01:15:02 PM »
Sup guys. This is the first time I have logged into this site in (practically) forever, and mainly due to my brain trying to explode from other games and I need a little break from it :P

As already mentioned, I am one of the inactive Youtubers in the category of lemmings videos. Allow me to explain why. At first when I was making the videos for my channel, I was getting theme ideas for my levels (hence the Mario levels), and I was uploading walkthrough videos of my levels. I was getting comments on this site that the other levels I was making were more appearance-oriented and had low difficulty in them.

It is true that I had much trouble coming up with difficult levels, and implementing difficulty with my appearance levels felt like next to impossible for me. This is the main reason that I practically ended my level making, and as far as my Youtube videos were concerned, I hesitated to upload any more videos of my levels due to the fact that they couldve spoiled the levels for anyone that wanted to play them.

Has this made any sense to anybody here? lol

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2013, 05:28:56 PM »
I made a new channel and moved all my lemmings videos onto it (Videos on old account were deleted). There will only be lemming related videos on there.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
Quick message to everyone.
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2014, 10:35:21 PM »
That's roundthewheel back and he's uploaded another video playing through Pimo lemmings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHn-NP1ewwc&feature=c4-overview&list=UUUNeNCNDTvYKUY9HAe9uLbQ

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2014, 12:09:55 PM »
Some more forumers on Youtube, if Clam wants to update the list in the first post.

Gronkling - Diysion (Gronkling's Lemmings related channel currently)
Kornhead21 - BizkitPart21
loftyD - loftyD
Martin Z - dutjuup
namida - jihoon4242
ssam1221 - ssam1221

Some newer guys having custom Lemmings content on Youtube I've recently found (they've probably popped up due to "Let's Play" Lemmings series and such :P):

84kingmartin
TheBravewarrior1988

Also, this post I'd have liked to see in this topic rather than making a completely new topic, a moderator could move it or am I too pedantic here? :) EDIT: Done, grams88's post just above this my one.

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2014, 06:24:45 PM »
I have having problems with camstudio not recording sound
someday I might have to move channels just to start off fresh
when I do this is what im calling the new channel
GigaLemLP
As you can tell it's a let's play channel
Aside from my first lp being Pokémon yellow
LP #2 will be Lemmings for the Sega Genesis
and when this happens the old account will have the word "archive" added to the user name
(I haven't uploaded in 2 years Jeez)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2014, 07:07:36 PM »
Use Bandicam. It can record sounds. It can only record up to ten minutes when not registered though. This is how you get the sound to work: http://www.bandicam.com/faqs/no_sound_recorded_video_stereo_mix_problem/
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2014, 07:43:44 PM »
If you're going to make a LP video, you will be recording yourself speaking throughout the video anyway, not just the sound of the game you are playing.  So the simplest thing to do might be to just set things up so when you record yourself, it also captures the sounds from the game (playing on speakers) as well.  Run whatever software you use to record yourself plus the screen recording software at the same time, then afterwards when you edit the video you can merge the two together.

Granted, there are some advantages to recording the game audio separately from your speaking (eg. you can adjust their volumes separately during editing).

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2014, 11:06:00 PM »
Hi everyone (A bit of a warning)

Just thought I would point this out but one of the websites I've went to recently which is lemmings related seems to keep saying that they have found a virus on the website, I'm hoping that the website is safe but my virus checker goes mad when I go on it. I've came across the website many times in the past because it's got one of my other favorite games on it which is duke 3d.

Oh wait a minute I checked the you tube websites again I think it might be a website where I used to download the cheapo lemming packs. I'm sorry to say but I think it might be the (Garjen) website, I'm hoping it's nothing to worry about but my virus checker goes mad once I go on it.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2014, 12:11:05 AM »
Hi everyone (A bit of a warning)

Just thought I would point this out but one of the websites I've went to recently which is lemmings related seems to keep saying that they have found a virus on the website, I'm hoping that the website is safe but my virus checker goes mad when I go on it. I've came across the website many times in the past because it's got one of my other favorite games on it which is duke 3d.

Oh wait a minute I checked the you tube websites again I think it might be a website where I used to download the cheapo lemming packs. I'm sorry to say but I think it might be the (Garjen) website, I'm hoping it's nothing to worry about but my virus checker goes mad once I go on it.

I think everyone gets this, I did. And I told him (Garjen aka Crane) about it a few months ago.  :)
I don't think he uses it anymore, or updates however.

fyi I and geoo [yeah I know "geoo and I" I don't care] have a number of lemmings levels/levelpacks that are from there. At least mine are backed up on drives so if that website does have problems you can ask me about those levels. I do not have all of them however.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2014, 05:16:34 PM »
I can't believe I haven't thought of making a playlist of my Lemmings videos until now. What do you think it's better a playlist or using the search in the channel? I found out just now when I used the search it gave me Lemmings but also unrelated videos, which is weird.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2014, 03:18:15 PM »
Streamed Antichamber yesterday. Aside from some lag issues (might be due to bad settings or something), was fun to play. Sort of given me a renewed interest in trying to get Revolution working right, so yea.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2014, 05:20:20 AM »
Double post, but yea. Attempted some new things with Antichamber and various streaming equipment. Unfortunately, the game seems to lag even when not streaming (with streaming software open), no sound, and the lowest quality/resolutions available.

The only conclusion I can draw is that my computer is somehow choking graphically on a game that was made before it was, inexplicably. Meaning my computer (either its CPU or the gfx card, or possibly both) is too crap to stream anything that's not, like, 2D or something. For some reason Revolution didn't lag despite all the other gfx problems with it. Huh.

Any way to update the graphics card on a laptop? I do have a graphics card spare that's a LOT better than this machine's, but I know I'd have to run it externally and I'm not sure how to do that exactly.

Alternatively, I might just say screw it and build my own rig for this, might cost more but it's not like I'm doing anything else with my money anyways :|
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2015, 01:56:03 PM »
rtw started his next Let's Play Lemmings series, namida's Lemmings Plus DOS Project, link to the first video. :)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2015, 04:15:26 PM »
Oooh nice, I'll have to keep an eye on this! I do wonder why he used the NeoLemmix version instead of the official version, though; but it shouldn't matter too much. :)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)