Author Topic: Lemmings Forums on Youtube  (Read 97354 times)

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings Forums on Youtube
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2013, 10:05:53 AM »
Good catch about that other topic, I forgot about it.

I'm actually in a similar situation to möbius there - sort of thinking about it, but a bit overwhelmed. My roadblocks are:
  • General distrust in Google / Youtube / other internet signups (hence my question "is Youtube evil?"), and consequently unwillingness to sign up unless I can really gain from it.
  • Complete lack of presentation skills / confidence / whatever. Of course one goal of such a venture would be to cure this (:
  • Lack of time (basically 1.5 day per week, maybe a bit of evening), not great for momentum and creative flow.
If I had a channel I'd mostly do level solutions - my levels, challenges, maybe other custom levels - and also some of the (few) other games I play.

---

Now something unrelated but still on topic:

You can put your Youtube channel in your forum profile! Unfortunately it's broken - see Insane Steve's profile for an example. If it wasn't broken though, this would be a great thing to add to your profile page. It'd be even better if it appeared with an icon in your posts, like the website URL that some people have.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2013, 08:12:14 PM »
What exactly are you trying to do? Make a channel that has links to our videos? What do you mean by Youtube being evil?

If I had a channel I'd mostly do level solutions - my levels, challenges, maybe other custom levels - and also some of the (few) other games I play.
I think you should do that first, just to get the hang of Youtube, if that's what you really want to do.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2013, 03:53:32 AM »
Good catch about that other topic, I forgot about it.

I'm actually in a similar situation to möbius there - sort of thinking about it, but a bit overwhelmed. My roadblocks are:
  • General distrust in Google / Youtube / other internet signups (hence my question "is Youtube evil?"), and consequently unwillingness to sign up unless I can really gain from it.
  • Complete lack of presentation skills / confidence / whatever. Of course one goal of such a venture would be to cure this (:
  • Lack of time (basically 1.5 day per week, maybe a bit of evening), not great for momentum and creative flow.

Youtube is evil, but that doesn’t mean good things can't be done with it. “Beat your swords into plowshears” …(okay, no idea what I’m talking about)
Just don't use the new "One" design, anybody totally hate that design? I don't like it and I'm keeping the old one.
doing LP’s is probably really fun for those that are up for it. I’ve tried a few times and every time it just doesn’t seem to work well for me. I haven’t given up but I think I may just may not be right for it. I was never good at public speaking at all. When I watch LPs I like to see people like rtw that are just plain talkative. I’m not talkative at all, and I'm not good at externalizing my internalizations. I was actually a little better than I expected on my latest videos but still feels awkward.

I’d definitely like to see the solutions to all of your levels starting with Lemmix Clam1 (this doesn’t have anything to do with a selfish question for any project I’m working on :P)
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2013, 11:59:23 PM »
I do have a YouTube account, but it is... empty. :XD:
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2013, 02:52:23 AM »
Anyone made any Lemmings videos lately? I haven't made one seen last October. I have now decided to make a playthrough of the Undamaged Levels challenge. I'm not gonna bother with the 100%, because they require more work. I know Tricky 26 is gonna be a roadblock, because this is the PSP version, where it doesn't have any walls in the corners.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline CamKrist

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2013, 09:07:11 AM »
Similar matter has already been discussed at yahoo answers. I can post the link if needed
I'm on Twitter and my essay

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2013, 08:38:54 AM »
The video is now done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d02soyF0XOg&list=UULcv6aK3TCFHUskvvxZCWQA&index=1 I used the undamaged level thread to help me with this video, because I forgot how to beat some levels. I have videos of the reverse levels challenge, but I haven't did every level yet.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2013, 03:48:27 PM »
Anyone made any Lemmings videos lately?
At least Gronkling has been uploading Gronklems7 solutions in his channel. Avoid watching them if you want to play them yourself at first! :P
Nice work with the undamaged challenge video, Luis!

Roundthewheel started his new Lemmings Let's Play yesterday, Lemmings Genesis! :D Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4k8UIq5JEo

Those who followed rtw's DoveLems series might know how kindly rtw talked about our community in the following video, especially starting at 7:50 and then again 13:44. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWgGLnHpICY

EDIT: Yet again I found by accident another topic related closely to this Clam's topic. :P Check out those posts also if you're interested!

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2013, 10:09:54 AM »
At least Gronkling has been uploading Gronklems7 solutions in his channel. Avoid watching them if you want to play them yourself at first! :P
Nice work with the undamaged challenge video, Luis!

I don't play glitch levels, so watching the solutions won't bother me. I been wanting to see those glitch levels being played. As for the undamaged video, I don't recommend anyone watching the entire video, just the levels that you're are interested. There are links to the levels in the description box.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2013, 05:38:27 PM »
Hi everyone

That's true Akseli about round the wheel he mentioned some nice words about the lemmings forum on his channel.   

Luis I noticed you done a level which was in the lemmings 2 the tribes for the PSP, Was that one you made up?

My you tube channel doesn't have anything lemmings related but I did post a few comments about lemmings,  I had a couple of atari st long play videos such as the blues brothers, Psycho pig 2.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/user/TGreyhair/videos?view=0" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/user/TGreyhair/videos?view=0</a>

The video on the top left is my gran who celebrated her 90th birthday back in May 11th. 
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 12:15:27 AM by grams88 »

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2013, 03:06:09 AM »
Those Lemmings 2 pillar levels in the video were made in the editor. Since those levels are remakes of offical ones, it makes it look like I have 166 levels in my PSP Lemmings instead of 156. I do also have some Sega levels in it too.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Kornhead21

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2013, 10:56:12 AM »
GuyPerfect: You also have three custom levels outside your playlist you linked. Also, I remember that your YouTube name was PerfectKiosk (or something like that?) some time ago. :P

möbius: Apparently you haven't read my review about Tijmen Bok's levels in Lemmini Level Pack Topic (you said that you discovered his levels recently). That makes me wonder if I write that kind of stuff there in vain. :( :P After all, you are one of the very few who I thought to follow this Lemmini topic. Also, yeah ssam1221 was familiar to me, but this guy seemingly put that download link in his channel recently, so I downloaded his pack just like a week ago! UltimateJay was familiar to me, too.

A very nice thread indeed, I know lots of YouTube Lemmings people, I'll post here those who haven't been active lately or don't have an account here if it's ok.

People who haven't been recently active:
Forum name (link to profile) - YouTube name (link to Youtube channel)

alfonz1986 - alfonz1986
Dodochacalo - Dodochacalo
Fernito - Fernito69
Giga - GigaLem
Lemmy556 - Lemmy556
MASTER-88 - metroidmaster88
Nicolas Eymerich - Ellischant
Nortaneous - Nortaneous
RubiX - rubix2007
Tim - timfoxxy
Yawg - JustAnotherEgo

And some people who aren't here as far as I know (link to YouTube channel):

BizkitPark21
BulletRidej (Has levelpacks in the Lemmings Level Database under name BulletRide.)
doggycharly150 (Has a levelpack in the LLD under name doggycharly.)
dutjuup (Martin Zurlinden, he hasn't got any videos but I find him so remarkable Lemmings dude so I included him to the list)
karmew32 (Also known as QBeez, has levelpacks in the LLD under this name.)
Lacktardo
loftyD
Mad4Maniac (Has levelpacks in the LLD.)
MikauSchekzen (Also known as Tijmen Bok)
noooodl (Doesn't have Lemmings videos anymore? :-\ That's why the strikethrough)
PacGuy765
PaHeLemm
Sonic8000
ssam1221
UltimateJay1989
Valientlink

Let me know if you'll find mistakes in my list about who is who etc. :P
Then I know of course Adam's, Crane's, Gronkling's, Insane Steve's, Luis' and Pieuw's channels, but maybe they want to tell something about their channels? : )

I don't have videos in YouTube, but I have an account so I can comment others' videos.

And yeah, I listed mostly those who show custom levels in their channels. If I'll add those who have things like playthroughs of Lemmings, then the list will be even larger. They are more unknown to me than custom level makers.

just letting everyone know that I'm BizkitPark21 from YouTube.  :lem4ever:

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2013, 12:03:51 PM »
Nice, welcome! :thumbsup: (Though your account seem to have been here already at least for two years. :))

Offline Kornhead21

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2013, 02:24:15 PM »
yeah, I remember I register awhile ago, I guess I haven't thought about this site for some time. but here I am now.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2013, 03:03:57 AM »
Did this glitch ever happened in any other Lemmings version? The glitch I'm talking about is a climber who has finished mining will climb the wall from the mine tunnel and turn around and fall in the opposite direction from he was mining. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRGOw2ID9cE The glitch is at "No add colors or Lemmings". A link to it is in the description. I don't know what triggers it. I don't think I ever got it to work again, when I tried to do it. Maybe it depends on the timing of giving him the climber.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.