Author Topic: C++ Lix: Basic Info & Download link  (Read 4439 times)

Online Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
C++ Lix: Basic Info & Download link
« on: June 19, 2012, 02:35:09 AM »
Newest C++ Lix version: 2016-06-02. Physics are identical if you have 2015-09-02 or newer.

Lix :lix: is an interactive rodent simulation, i.e. an action-puzzle game similar to Lemmings. Lix offers networked multiplayer and an editor for single- and multiplayer levels.

The game should run on the major operating systems, and it is public domain.

Download C++ Lix or D Lix. D Lix doesn't yet have the networking, but good singleplayer and level editing. It screencasts much better. C++ Lix is old, but it has networking.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 12:15:03 PM by Simon »

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: Basic Info & Download link
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 10:08:30 PM »
Could use a page on your website that documents the level and replay file format.  I know they're just text files so it's probably not that hard to figure out on one's own by just examining a file, but having the information compiled on the website can be helpful for quick answers to questions like "does Lix support horizontal flipping of any terrain pieces?" without having to fire up the program or hunt down a level/replay file to examine. ;P

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 06:50:25 AM »
I understand the current version of Lix has changed the last time I played it. Can you please mention the date of the current version on the opening post? Thanks.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Online Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 08:55:51 AM »
Good idea, done.

Numbering by dates suck. That doesn't show whether an update is important. I will improve this with D Lix.

-- Simon

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 09:08:41 AM »
Numbering by dates is good because then I know how out of the loop I am / how long I've been procrastinating on updating.